Nox 600 Slams A Virgin Park!

We have a recreation/sports park about two miles from my house that is tucked away in the back of a housing area, off the main road, and with no signs indicating the park is there to traffic. It consists of a soccer field, baseball field, roller hockey rink, playground, and paved bike/walking paths.  When I first found it, I immediately thought it might be possible that this park may have been overlooked by MD'ers, since most of them work the beaches and the VERY public parks. This was an opportunity to test my newly acquired Equinox knowledge.

My hunch turned out to be correct!  VIRGIN! I have only worked less than 5% of the park, mostly around the playground, and the pull was fantastic, with about 50% of the finds less than 2" underground. I worked it for about three hours, and seriously got tired going up and down on my knees! This is a coinshooter's dream...

No silver, and copper pennies back to 1964, but target after target after target!  Biggest surprise was the Nox's absolute accuracy on dimes. 95% of the time I saw solid, static 25 on the TID, it was a dime...and a lot of them. Very VERY pleased with the Nox, and the 800 I will receive at some point will only make it better!

5ad5df4314dcf_Parkcoins.thumb.jpg.11656f95e0df4676b148d2232f285a33.jpg

N,D,Q's all clad, so after checking key dates, tumbled.  

Dimes were smacked at 25 down to as low as 8". Pennies ranged from 21-25. Quarters at 28-29 and nickels came in at 13.

Park 2, GB, Sens 22 and then down to 15 when she started chattering badly, recovery max, notched out all below 12 and 14 (which was verified for tabs). The all-metal pump procedure was fantastic for ID'ing junk. Also, single frequency look on suspicious targets was effective.

Not shown are the 32 pennies, of which only 8 were zincolns. The four 1982 pennies were all 3.11g coppers as well.

Totals:
Quarters - 17 (earliest 1972)
Dimes - 34 (Earliest 1966)
Nickels - 4
Pennies - 32 (Earliest 1964)
Half of a broken junk metal bracelet
Cloth backed and rotting CZ bracelet

Going to work that park to death in the coming days, weeks, and months!

• Like 9

Holy smokes, Elf!  You don't run into "virgin" parks very often -- but it sure looks as though you did!  GREAT testing ground for the Equinox right there!

Glad your "hunch" was correct, and that your "learning curve" will be accelerated, as a result!

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sittingelf

Awesome. I have a park like you just found. I have been averaging $4 - $6 in 2 hour hunts. I have pulled $16 in 5 hours over the st 3 days. I am pretty much using the same settings as you are. . The park is a nice rectangle and I hunted it the long way now hunting it horizontally and doing just as well. No silver with the exception of a cpl of silver rings. As soon as I finish my coffee I am headed out again this morning

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SittingElf said:

Not shown are the 32 pennies, of which only 8 were zincolns.

Were you mentally rejecting digging Zincolns part of the time?  If not that's a pretty good ratio indicating it's unlikely anyone has hunted this spot in a long time (if ever).  Of course the sheer number of coins you've found is consistent with that conclusion.  Given that you've only searched 5%, you might be in a newer area and other spots hold the older coins.  I hope that's the case.  You might try researching here:  https://www.historicaerials.com/

In my area that has helped me age sites and get info on where activity might have been in earlier times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1