Sign in to follow this  
DukeBoxer

Free Free Finds, Trash To Treasure

Guys and gals, I have found a few things that aren't significant to me but I'm sure there's someone that would like them as collectibles. If anyone else wants to use this thread to post their stuff too go ahead.

Here are mine, one is a cub scout tie thingy (I think) and the others are metal monopoly pieces. These are things that I would just toss but again, I'm sure someone would like to have them. I'm willing to mail them out at my cost but if you'd like to pay for shipping that's great too. Please don't feel like you need to though.

-Josh

IMG_20180417_130547.jpg

• Like 2

Did you do any research on the Monopoly game piece race car?  I have no idea the value of these myself, but it looks like an older one.  Somewhere there's a collector out there for everything and if enough of them want the same (old, rare?) item....  You know the rest of that story.  Ebay is a great research tool for this kind of thing.  (Of course, like anything on the internet, be wary of dodos passing themselves off as experts.)

I haven't checked into it much, someone else mentioned to me that they might be old. I'm guessing they're not that old, they were only an inch or two down. Who knows. Either way I'm not going to try to sell them. Thanks for the heads up though

edit: the real old ones have a driver from what I saw quickly looking it up

1 hour ago, DukeBoxer said:

edit: the real old ones have a driver from what I saw quickly looking it up

Yeh; they are probably 50's or 60's.  The base of the handle on the clothes iron also looks atypical for current units.  If they were from the 30's then maybe worth a bit, especially from the original sets which I don't think were issued for more than a year or two (race car wasn't original, but did occur prior to WWII).  Still nice finds and good you are so generous as to ship them free to anyone interested.  + to you for that.

• Like 1

Sold! Send me your address and I'll have them in the mail tomorrow haha!

To be honest, I hate having stuff laying around the house, I grew up like that and it drove me crazy. But I also understand that things I don't want, someone else might actually love to have. That's why I'm offering them up. And I'm still guilty of having crap laying around the house...

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this