3rd Beach Hunt With The 800

21 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:
Minelab will be the death of me yet ? 3rd beach hunt yesterday and I'm just amazed at this machine. I wasn't ready to drive a couple hours to get to a beach and take a chance at not finding much, so I brought the GPX to hopefully get some silver. That way my hunt was successful and I could go home knowing a had a good day. The GPX delivered about half the silver coins pictured. But when I pulled the Equinox out, it started finding targets right away. First bits of chains, then a 18K gold cross, then silver dimes, then 2 other (junk) chains, although the religious metal attached is sterling, then a beautiful 925 Italy chain. Also hit a small locket which has writing I can't read, but I believe it's gold. Also a 10K Signet ring and finally a 14K marked earring. A total of 4 gold on this hunt and I think 19 silver coins. I didn't want to leave, but after 10 1/2 hours I was spent! Minelab you are killing me ..........with gold ?

DSC00097.JPG

DSC00098.JPG

DSC00100.JPG

DSC00101.JPG

DSC00104.JPG

Oh my!! That gold cross is amazing!! Great hunt to say the least, congratulations!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Wow....That was an awesome hunt. Congrats & well done. What coil did you have on the GPX & did you dig all signals & was there much rubbish? The EQ 800 would have helped you no end with its discrimination & VDI reading abilities. You must be fizzing with your results. Life is good......:cool:

Best of luck out there

JW :smile:  

Thanks. It was my 3rd good beach hunt with the 800. Gold every time out so far. On the GPX I used the Detech 12.5" DD coil. If you listen carefully you can hit the clay layer and find coins on average at 14"  There is always a lot of rubbish on our beaches. I will dig a lot of junk while I am learning the Equinox. With the GPX you have to dig it all because it's all deep in the area I was hunting. Here's the junk targets from this hunt.

DSC00094.JPG

DSC00095.JPG

19 minutes ago, bado1 said:

Death by gold! I like it!! 

Dean

The only way to go. :laugh:  I bet those Minelab engineers are grinning from ear to ear on how well this machine is doing all around the world!

Awesome!  I'm excited to work some of the beaches near me that may hold those kind of treasures!

• Like 1

Amazing. What settings were you using?

• Like 1