3rd Beach Hunt With The 800

Awesome finds, silver and gold, you must have a very good site.

• Like 1

What a haul!  Let me see ... when was the last time I found a silver coin at the beach ... I can't remember but not with the Nox.

Did you do any 'dual' checking of your targets or was it just GPX or Nox?

Mitchel

• Like 1

Impressive!  Hurts my eyes to see what the salt water does to silver coins.  At least gold is inert enough to not be bothered.  Don't think I could do 10.5 hours straight.  Hope you get more chances this weekend.  Weather is finally springlike here and my pinpointers are already vibrating.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SittingElf said:

Awesome!  I'm excited to work some of the beaches near me that may hold those kind of treasures!

I see you have the Equinox 600. It will do the same as the 800. Just use the stock beach setting and dig every signal (including bottle caps) until you get a feel for what is what. When your 800 arrives you can tweak the settings a bit, but most likely you won't have too. Good luck with it.

8 hours ago, Richard Williams said:

Amazing. What settings were you using?

I used the stock beach program for most of the hunt, but I did play around a bit with the sensitivity, iron  bias, and recovery speed. But ended up back at the preset settings.

7 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

Awesome finds, silver and gold, you must have a very good site.

Any old beach will do. The coins are deep, that's for sure.

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

What a haul!  Let me see ... when was the last time I found a silver coin at the beach ... I can't remember but not with the Nox.

Did you do any 'dual' checking of your targets or was it just GPX or Nox?

Mitchel

I don't cross check any settings since I have no way to keep both machines on the beach at the same time. It's just not practical. Plus being tied to the GPX would make it very awkward to use a second machine. People think I'm nuts enough as it is, swinging the back-pack GPX :laugh:

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Impressive!  Hurts my eyes to see what the salt water does to silver coins.  At least gold is inert enough to not be bothered.  Don't think I could do 10.5 hours straight.  Hope you get more chances this weekend.  Weather is finally springlike here and my pinpointers are already vibrating.

Thanks, I'll be trying again Tuesday I think. Small beach with a lot of interference, so we shall see how it goes. If I get gold the 4th straight beach hunt, I will be totally amazed at the Equinox!

8 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I don't cross check any settings since I have no way to keep both machines on the beach at the same time. It's just not practical. Plus being tied to the GPX would make it very awkward to use a second machine. People think I'm nuts enough as it is, swinging the back-pack GPX :laugh:

I used a 5000 for a couple of years on the beaches of Southern California.  At the time I found more on the beach than in the deserts but that changed.

• Like 1