Equinox 800 Fault

davidh

On 4/20/2018 at 11:39 AM, phrunt said:

nah, those things were made by Aussies, they'll handle 50+ degrees celsius easily!  I would find it impossible to think that was too hot for it.

I always thought that Minelab out sourced their manufacturing to Plexus in Malaysia.

At Minelab, We Change People's Fortunes by creating the world's best metal detectors.

Codan Group’s Manufacturing Service Provider

Minelab%20plexus.pngSince December 2009, the Codan Group’s manufacturing service provider, Plexus Corp, a US company, situated in Penang, Malaysia has been responsible for the majority of Minelab’s worldwide metal detector production.  Minelab is proud of its association with its outsource partner in Malaysia.  Genuine Minelab metal detectors are exclusively manufactured by Minelab in Australia and by Plexus Corp, USA in the Malaysian facility. 

1 minute ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yep manufactured in Malaysia but designed Down Under by this guy:

image.jpeg.6e9c7c5dcd18d4f78e38e698a2820985.jpeg

Bloody hell that's Dick Smith.

Minelab had manufacturing facilities in Australia, Ireland, and Malaysia. The Ireland facility supposedly closed but I have seen recent references to items still being assembled there. Most of the manufacturing is now done in the U.S. owned Plexus facility in Malaysia but there is also stuff still made directly in Australia also. It's possible the Ireland work is also done in a Plexus facility - they have plants around the world. At least a few dollars of the money paid to make an Equinox does filter back to the USA via Plexus and its stockholders.

plexus-facilities.jpg

From an Equinox box.....

minelab-equinox-assembled-in-australia.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Equinox 800 Fault
  • 1 month later...

By the way David was supplied with a new top shaft and control unit within a few days, excellent service from Minelab.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi guys.  

i have just bought my first minelab 800.  unboxed it to put it together.   took it out side away from anything.  to give it a test.    held the shaft in the middle and gave it a little shack from side to side.to make sure it was all tight before i used it   and when i do that it makes all sorts of sound.  it was up off the ground.   should it do that.   is there a fault with it.        Pete

1 hour ago, peterfox1960 said:

Hi guys.  

i have just bought my first minelab 800.  unboxed it to put it together.   took it out side away from anything.  to give it a test.    held the shaft in the middle and gave it a little shack from side to side.to make sure it was all tight before i used it   and when i do that it makes all sorts of sound.  it was up off the ground.   should it do that.   is there a fault with it.        Pete