For U.K. Hunters - Equinox Master Class

Crawfords Metal Detectors posted April 19

Do you want to get the best from your Equinox? Then join our masterclass!

The Day: Join us for a day of tutorial and hands on learning with the experts.

The venue: We have secured a small undetected field in North Lincolnshire in an area renowned for Roman and medieval finds, including one famous medieval artefact!

The Date: Saturday 26th May

Who can attend: Anyone with an Equinox can attend. Places are limited to 50 so tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis. The cost is £10 per person (as the landowner has requested a donation to the local church). Refreshments etc will be provided.

Tickets will be available now. Call 01724 845608 or on our website

• Like 3

Everyone please go to my GoFundMe page and donate to pay my travel and living expenses for this hunt. Do it, if only to ensure that the USA is properly represented!!  You'll get a very nice Thank You note by email for all donations above $100! :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Gordon Heritage has anything to do with it being he lives in the area , he did a free days dig on a farm in the area a couple of weeks ago , i think it was with Joan Allen's detectors . There were a few interesting finds that day , including a number of Hammered's and 1 or 2 Gold Staters . I would have gone but too busy right now and its a 200 mile drive . Tempting though , very !

• 3 weeks later...

Nuke,

Tell us what you find.

You can cover the cost of your trip and entry with two days on the beach.

Mitchel

There is only 7 invites left available.

The total number of invites were restricted to 50.

There is 2 - 3 UK members from this "Equinox Fan Club" who will be present.

I am eagerly looking forward to attending this Equinox Folk get-together.

I cannot make it now , i am busy that day . Cannot commit a whole day away at the moment . And the travel will take the best part of 5 hours each way from my location . Would like to go , also i dont like hot weather 24 c plus and its likely to be that by then .

I have been out of the land scene for a long time and i dont have the car available if its bad weather because of work needing doing , corrosion underside . 

Land detecting will have to wait a while.

As for beach finds , i am paying for my other Nox with that . Money finds pay for the machines and i dont sell my rings anymore since 2013.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Minelab Equinox Master Class Saturday 26th May 2018.

Myself and two friends had an invite to the Minelab Equinox Master Class today Saturday 26th May and we all had a wonderful day of great company in the presence of 47 other guys from various parts of the British Isles. The function was organized by Craig of Crawfords our UK distributor who put up a tremendous prize list for a free draw and all participants got a Minelab Lucky Bag.
The whole idea of this function was for the selected Equinox purchasers to meet up with the UK Minelab Testers which included Gordon Heritage, Neil Jones and Sharon & Derek McLennan, and all of the Crawfords staff.
It was strange seeing 50 detectorists all using the same Equinox detectors.
I had expected more finds to show as we were all in the heart of Roman and Celtic territory of North Lincolnshire but then again the idea was to learn all of the advantages of the Equinox from the Minelab Testers, I did have an unusual find of a Victoria Groat (Four Pence) mounted in a silver frame dated 1838 that is 1 year after her coronation.

Victoria Silver Groat Medalion ( Cleaned Obv ).jpg

Victoria Silver Groat Medalion ( Cleaned Rev ).jpg

• Like 1

Crawfords did a cracking job . The UK TESTERS where there giving useful advise on the Nox . Great atmosphere . You even got a hat tshirt pen as a goody bag . AND A RAFFLE TICKET WHEN YOU SIGNED IN . The prizes where fantastic . Sadly I wasn't lucky .  Randy popped that lovely groat mounted which added to its interest . I would like to thank Craig and his team for organising a great day out. And to the test team Gordon , Derek , Sharon and Neil some boy and great crack . All 110% into the Nox . Very enjoyable day out CHEERS . Dave.Kev .

• Like 3