Makro Gold Racer Gets A Run, Finally

Thanks for dropping in Stephen.

I've got to go pick my little sniper coil up so I can see how it performs. I'll let you know what I think of it. (I look at the fact that Makro manufactured one as a great example of a company that listens to the wishes of its consumers!)

As you can see from the picture of the gold in the pan, there sure are a lot of small pieces that the Gold Racer was able to sniff out.  

The largest piece is 4.7 grams.

All the best,

Lanny

Nice write up Lanny.  Nice spot by the sounds. 

And a very nice gesture to get the newbie on the right track.  Although you may have done a terrible thing - I'd say the poor bloke is addicted now   :laugh:

Does the write up belong to the pics on the previous page?

• Like 1

Thanks for the Story Lanny, 

I really enjoy hearing about a whole day out as well as just the posting of finds.

the new prospector was a lucky guy to stumble across someone who is willing to teach them a thing or two, nice work.

Cheers,  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Northeast said:

Nice write up Lanny.  Nice spot by the sounds. 

And a very nice gesture to get the newbie on the right track.  Although you may have done a terrible thing - I'd say the poor bloke is addicted now   :laugh:

Does the write up belong to the pics on the previous page?

Hi Northeast, and thanks for dropping in to leave some kind words. 

To answer your question, yes the write up belongs to the 2nd Saturday's (two consecutive Saturday hunts) finds, and the finds from both weekends (Friday coin hunts and Saturday nugget hunts) are combined in the pans, but  the pan does not include the fine gold from the gold bottle.)

As for the newbie, I'd say he has a glorious case of gold fever, and I certainly hope he's addicted as we all know how much fun it is to chase the gold.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1

13 hours ago, roddosnow said:

Thanks for the Story Lanny, 

I really enjoy hearing about a whole day out as well as just the posting of finds.

the new prospector was a lucky guy to stumble across someone who is willing to teach them a thing or two, nice work.

Cheers,  

Thanks for dropping in to say you enjoyed the story Rodd. It means a lot, and I'm glad you enjoyed hearing about the day.

I had no idea a rookie would wander over on that day, so it kind of changed my plans a bit, but I've always had fun giving back as lots of others have certainly helped me along the way in my detecting journey.

All the best,

Lanny

Great write-up, Lanny.  Really makes us feel like we're there with you.  Gotta get my passport renewed so I can make another trip up to your beautiful country.  Canadians have always made me feel welcome when I've gotten the chance to visit.  I'm overdue for another, this time with my detectors!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Awesome write up Lanny, as always, make them as long as you like. They are always a pleasure to read my friend. As to the gold & goodies finds..... I am speechless. :wub: What a great time you had. Very entertaining. Me thinks you should get your dredge in there. :biggrin:  Thanks so much for the journey.

All the very best of luck out there

JW :smile:

JW, so goo to hear from you again, and many thanks for your kind words about the gold and coin-chasing tales.

I would love to throw my dredge in anywhere, but it's getting almost impossible to get a permit these days, so that's why I've been doing so much specializing with the detectors. So far there's been no effort to banish their use from the goldfields . . .

Great to hear from you again, and all the best,

Lanny

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Best of luck Lanny....:cool:

JW :smile:

Thanks, and if I find something larger with that little sniper coil, there'll be no catch and release philosophy in effect.?

All the best,

Lanny