Waiting for the Gobble

Inert dirt = air test. The depths I attain on any machine are usually about 50 - 60% of what Tom gets. Disc modes suffer more in mineralized ground compared to all metal modes. No, the Racer is not a magic wand. But yes, it holds its own with machines costing much more.

The Racer at 14 kHz performs remarkably like a 19 kHz Gold Bug Pro so I am very curious the see what the Gold Racer delivers whenever it finally becomes available. That could be the machine that I end up ditching all the others for.

Dang it Steve, I was hoping for something new and exciting. Alas, my dreams and aspirations are dashed on the rocks of life once again.

I am intrigued by Racer performance with 11" coil on small nuggets in this video-  

.   What will Gold Racer do with a small coil ?  Mmmmm, no surprises but solid performance in a well built machine for an attractive price I suppose.

I sold my Gold Bug Pro yesterday in advance of the bottom dropping out of that market! Now I will have to get by with only my Deus in the JAMFD category while awaiting release of Gold Racer. 

Merton

• Like 1

Have you started to play with some small gold on the racer yet Steve? I sent Keith some crumbs to play with. He made a video,and the racer definitely hit better than the core,and he did it in disc mode. Btw,in disc,does the racer sound off on the salts in your hand? Wondering,cause one piece I sent was barely a step up from flycrap,and was surprised the signal he got. Ray

Yes I have Ray and it is the basis of my last couple posts. Everyone seems to be desparately craving something that beat to death technology is not going to deliver. Nobody is going to deliver a single frequency detector running from 12 - 20 kHz that does anything for depth and sensitivity on gold nuggets better than what you can buy already. The difference is in packaging and price, how it sounds, how it looks, how it feels. Yes, some advances have been made recently in target separation and ferrous/non-ferrous handling. But not depth/sensitivity. Everyone is barking up the wrong tree. You want major advances in depth and sensitivity keep watching the PI and emerging hybrid worlds.

I play around with air tests and it is easy to get excited. Hit the high mineral ground, all the differences compress and disappear. From my perspective for in field use the 15 kHz FORS units and 14 kHz Racer have equivalent performance. I am optimistic Gold Racer is going to be worth my wait.

I am impressed with Racer but I am not going to make it something it is not. The main difference in the Makro/Nokta detectors versus for instance the Fisher units is the use of blended/rolling audio versus a gated audio response. In theory that can be better but in reality it requires a trained ear, a more professional operator. The more I do this the more comparing in field audio differences is key to everything and what works for me may not work for you.

The VLF world these days is endless exercises in hair splitting and counting angels dancing on the head of a pin.

Blendy audio is everything for me. Deus has it...as does the at pro my son uses. When relic hunting,makes a big difference. Basically,want similar performance as my deus or

gb pro,but more punch...and that small coil sounds about right.

I would therefore rate you as having a trained ear and being a more professional operator.

I have to admit there are times I prefer gated responses and flat out nulling. Usually I am patient enough to listen and sort through the tones but there are times I just want something a bit simpler. Then I grab the CTX and block out the ferrous and live the quieter life!

• Like 1