Best Detector For Quartz Reefs

Hi all,

I haven’t really been keeping up with the multitude of new vlf detectors that have came out over the last couple of years.  

Is there a new preferred detector for working quartz reefs?  Or does everyone still use the gmt and goldbug?

Thanks 

Gold Monster 1000 is very hard to beat. Go onto minelab and check it out. If you are former military you will get a discount with proof of service.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, goldseeker4000 said:

Gold Monster 1000 is very hard to beat. Go onto minelab and check it out. If you are former military you will get a discount with proof of service.

+1 for the monster in Aus

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/6386-gold-monster-in-australia-ldc-gold/

just posted this in the Minelab section of the forum.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys ?.

Will be great to try out a monster and 800 together Paul, I have the perfect spot ?.

Has anyone been getting disseminated species with the monster?  Most of the bits I’ve seen online are tiny bits but chunky, the stuff I’m working has no chunks but loads of fines.

• Sad 1

Hay Trent,

Sounds good on the comparison test.

We  may have to get IdahoPeg over there to show us how to use the MONSTER....

She was doing well in Idaho on small gold with her monster.

She is roaring to come over soon too.

13 days for me to meet up with Dale/Dave/Tremain!!!!!!!!

I think Norvic has already waded thru the mud to get to his secret spots...lol

Don't know where he will be when I get there....But I will find him...

Take care bro!!!

• Like 1

Hi Trent

The Monster will certainly pick up tiny tiny bits in rock!, if your on Facebook check out the Minelab Gold Monster groups there’s to guys in particular that post a lot and are absolutely smashing it and one of the guys mostly hunts quarts.

His YouTube channel is  LDC Gold   Check it out and you’ll see what I’m talking about plenty of videos just on the Monster.

Cheers 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kiwijw said:

The Falcon MD 20 is deadly on very fine gold in quartz rock, float stone etc. Not a detector as such but a very sensitive probe for testing quartz for any hint of gold. Has worked for me on float stone I found at an old hard rock mine site.

http://falconmetaldetectors.com/

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

Thanks JW,  have used a falcon probe , not really my cup of tea, a bit too small and fiddly.

8 hours ago, Bhogg said:

Hi Trent

The Monster will certainly pick up tiny tiny bits in rock!, if your on Facebook check out the Minelab Gold Monster groups there’s to guys in particular that post a lot and are absolutely smashing it and one of the guys mostly hunts quarts.

His YouTube channel is  LDC Gold   Check it out and you’ll see what I’m talking about plenty of videos just on the Monster.

Cheers 

Thanks Bhogg, yeh that’s the same bloke roddosnow posted about above.  Most of his seemed to be little nuggety bits, that’s why I asked the question on disseminated gold.  He seems to do ok on those bits though!