Be Conscious When Transporting Your Nox

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Guest Tnsharpshooter

A friendly reminder here for those who posess Equinox units or those who plan on getting.

Pay particular attention when transporting your units.

What I am referring to here is the magnetic charging port on detector as well as the magnetic port on wi stream headphone module.

These both can pick up metal things when exposed.  Hence there could be a possibility of you shorting out either or your detector's battery or the battery in the wireless module.

My headphone module picked up a nail today when I laid it down briefly.

Just thought I would share.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
13 minutes ago, chicoquadcore said:

Checked the detectors port with my fluke. No voltage detected, one way current, should be fine. 

I don't know if any damage could/would  be done.  I am not going to short mine out to find out.  I do know car keys, nails, paper clips, etc can cling to these areas easily when exposed.

Just now, Tnsharpshooter said:

I don't know if any damage could/would  be done.  I am not going to short my out to find out.  I do know car keys, nails, paper clips, etc can cling to these areas easily when exposed.

The detector is made to get wet. I don’t see anything being able to short. 

22 minutes ago, chicoquadcore said:

The detector is made to get wet. I don’t see anything being able to short. 

Regardless, don't need debris clinging to the charge port that can end up mechanically damaging the terminals of the port or cable, so no harm in pointing the issue out to people so they can look for it and remove any metal that jumps onto the port/cable.

• Like 2

Or possibly shorting & damaging the charger when a charger is connected to the EQ and debris is present on either the EQ or the charging cable's magnetic cable end.  Probably a good idea to take a quick look at both before connecting your charger.  Good catch TN!

Guest Tnsharpshooter
20 minutes ago, TedinVT said:

Or possibly shorting & damaging the charger when a charger is connected to the EQ and debris is present on either the EQ or the charging cable's magnetic cable end.  Probably a good idea to take a quick look at both before connecting your charger.  Good catch TN!

Correct.

Something real small could get in there.  And when a person plugs up to charger,  on the detector it would be possible to short the charger or possibly send power where it shouldn't go going.  Like on the update pins on detector port.

The small module, folks may put in bag with other things too.  Its magnetic port might latch onto some thing.  Something real thin and small, a person just might attach charging plug and turn on charger and poof.  There goes your charger.

We all here are just looking out for each other.  What a fan club does I think.