Beach Hunt #5 With The 800

I managed to get some time to do my 5th beach hunt with the Equinox. I was a bit anxious (self-imposed lol) about continuing my gold streak. I had a plan of attack and was optimistic about this hunt. But I did miscalculate the tides and it was evident when I got to the beach that my plans would have to be altered. I got the low tide correct but never considered how the wave action would not allow me to hunt comfortably at low tide. I struggled the whole hunt and finally conceded defeat ---- I would not get gold on this hunt My steak would be over, and I could finally get back to normal hunting. I got to the beach around 7AM and it was nearly 4PM and I was just wandering around basically just trying to coin hunt. On this beach there are some types of black rocks that read good to the machine, and on the Equinox, they read in the range of small gold. You must dig them. This next signal was similar to the rocks, as it was an iffy reading, and was in the TID range. I got the signal out of the sand and started spreading the pile out with my coil. Suddenly on one sweep, I removed enough sand to see this shining gold cross appear. I could not believe my eyes (and luck) ….. My gold streak would continue! I did manage to get some silver on the hunt, and also found a lot of remnants of coins. Coins in this area disintegrate to tiny bits of metal. I’m looking forward to next week’s hunt #6. I’m getting anxious already ?.

DSC00127.JPG

DSC00128.JPG

DSC00131.JPG

• Like 9

I hunted 9 hours on the beach and had the battery level  drop 1 segment. I also had the wireless headphones which made the whole hunt. I don't think there is any way to see how drained the headphones are though, but they made the complete hunt. I recharge both batteries every time I go out. So far battery life is excellent. We'll see as it gets older.

NICE!!!

While your gold cross is BEAUTIFUL, and you have some great silver coin success, you have some U-G-L-Y clad coins in that pile!  LOL!!!

Congrats on success despite the conditions!

Steve

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, steveg said:

NICE!!!

While your gold cross is BEAUTIFUL, and you have some great silver coin success, you have some U-G-L-Y clad coins in that pile!  LOL!!!

Congrats on success despite the conditions!

Steve

Thanks! Clad coins do not hold up in certain areas of the beach...maybe if I tumble them they will look better :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you tumble them, there may be nothing left!  :laugh:

Steve

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I don't think there is any way to see how drained the headphones are though

Couple it with your detector and your phone. At least on the apple devices you get a bar on the top right corner showing the level of the headphones battery.

The headphones seem to last 2 Nox charges easily.

• Like 1

My battery lasts right at 12 hours. My headphones last longer about 20 hours I am guessing but since I have had both the detector and headphones go dead while detecting I always recharge when I am down to the last bar and recharge the head phones at the same time.. Headphones seem to always recharge quickly

I usually detect 2 - 3 hours so I usually always recharge about every 4 days and sometimes sooner

Going to try the beach again on Monday

• Like 1

While it may be a pain in the butt, recharging the Lithium-Ion battery every time you hunt will extend the life of the battery. 
Lithium-Ion batteries do not have a "memory" like the old Nickel and Acid batteries. By deeply discharging the battery  before recharging will shorten the life of these batteries. In fact, if possible, you should resist letting the battery discharge below 30% frequently in order to extend their life.

I personally put the Nox on its charger after EVERY hunt, regardless of how long, or how discharged the battery is.

From Batteryuniversity.com:

BatteryLife.pdf

• Like 2

Killing it 'Hardnox.  Keep the streak going!

I have a silver coin streak going at one site and even though I have no right to be, will be sad when it ends.  Not putting the pressure on, helps.  When you force it, tend to spend too much time chasing really iffy signals.  Lol.

• Like 1