Find Of The Day, On The Base!

Your killing it! Thanks for your service as well. My 19 year old boy is in the air force...hes Still in San Antonio but will be stationed in Cheyenne Wyoming this summer....keep it up!

Strick

The kind of cool thing is that in these old housing areas my ratio of zincolns to copper and wheaties is about 1:15!  It's almost a surprise to dig a zinc! Almost certain that when the TID is at 24-25, it's copper. 27-29 are usually dimes.  Nickels are difficult due to pulltabs.

Elf --

SUPERB!  Another "on base" surprise for you!  Plus a bunch of more modern coinage, that is going a long way toward helping you to learn the machine.  You are doing great!

And that "family outing" sounds like it would be LOTS of fun!!

Congrats!

Steve

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SittingElf said:

my ratio of zincolns to copper and wheaties is about 1:15!

Yes, I agree that's got to be a good feeling.  One of my many simple goals for each year is to have recovered more bronze pennies than Zincolns.  15 bronze for every Zincoln?  Sounds like you caught a time machine back to the 1980's.  Now get back out there before Cinderella's clock strikes midnight.

Hunted one of the yards of a demolished base house around the corner from our home, yesterday. Mostly training my wife on how to use her new ACE300 and trying to get her to stop swinging it like a baseball bat!  In the end, she got excited to be digging up some pennies, and is starting to understand the controls.

In the meantime, I was swinging the 600 and finding stuff that the Garrett didn't even alert on. 
Typical finds for this kind of yard...
One copper penny
Six clad dimes
Three clad Quarters
A HotWheels car at 12"
and this token that has no company or use listed. Anyone know what this is??

libertytoken1.jpg.7c9389189f03fac91849d1731e0dc6e9.jpglibertytoken2.jpg.5d66eb875c78c6286ab64de2770a0269.jpg

More yards and training today after church...

• Like 1

Ha -- nice call on the token, Chase!  

Nice digs, Elf!  Sounds like the family is catching on to the hobby, as well!

Steve

• Like 1

Got bored sitting around today. The wife and son just wanted to play electronic games...so I jumped over to a couple more vacant house yards and swung for about 90 minutes, just to get some more familiarity with the EQ.

Today, I started using 50 tones, and I feel I am finally starting to GROK the system. Got tired of zincs, so in Park 1 factory setting and 50 tones, I notched 14 and 21. Kept the rest just to learn the sounds. Started really understanding jumpy numbers and what trash they usually produce. I also now understand that warm, solid tone that some here talk about. 95% coin on those.
Results were better than expected, with 2 clad quarters, 3 clad dimes, 4 nickels (starting to be able to discriminate crap from the nickels with 12-13 TID), 8 Copper pennies, and two wheaties back to 1935. The big surprise was a thrippy sounding, high 20's and bumping to 31 that I dug down to 13", almost quitting, thinking it might just be a pipe, and then saw the BIG Kennedy Half sitting on edge! First one in years, and right in a local yard! Clad, but I don't care!  Also added another find to my growing collection of Matchbox, and HotWheels cars!  

Seriously starting to feel more and more confident with the 600! 

• Like 2