Equinox Is Still Delivering Pa Civil War Era Relics

Excellent finds, Chase! I've yet to find Seated. A rarity in Az.

I concur with your assessment on the differences (strong points) between Park 2 and Field 2. You put it in to words very well. Park 2 hits the low conductors very hard but still alerts to silver nicely. I want to give David's (TNSS) disc suggestions in Field 2 a try in my iron infested RR spur. Park and Field 2 are my go to modes thus far. Thanks for the detailed write up! 

Dean

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the wright up. I still have lots of experimenting to do in Park and Field  modes. Nice Dime. The only seated dime I've ever found was toasted due to high sulfur soil content. Still looking for that nice shiny one. 

strick 

• Thanks 1

OUTSTANDING job, Chase.  BEAUTIFUL digs!!  I would LOVE to hunt some Civil War sites like that, but -- even when back home on vacation in western PA, I'm sill several hours drive from the "east of the mountains" battle sites...so I've never done it.

CONGRATS on the great keepers you are pulling with the EQ, and on being so blessed as to have those sites to hunt!!

Steve

• Thanks 1

Thanks, everyone.  Sharing the adventure is half the fun and what I am really blessed with is some great detecting friends who let me tag along to their permissions.  Even public tot lot detecting is verboten in my community, with posted signage my tax dollars paid for.  I am actually paying my local government to not allow me to detect.  Lol.

But enough with "Don't Tread on Me" themed rants.  What I really wanted to say is that I forgot to provide some target ID info.  These were the first CW military buttons I snagged with the Equinox.  Minie Balls ring up around 17 give or take and the buttons ring up around 15 give or take.

HTH

• Like 3

Great hunt! 

The next time I'm relic hunting and get some iffy signals, I need to check it in other search modes.  So far I've mainly been using Field2, only because it works so well, but it's time to test out some other modes when I get one of those hmmmmm targets.

HH,
Brian

• Like 2

Nice finds Chase,  I haven't got to do any real relic hunting but have found several buttons with mine and the numbers coincide with yours. The town I live in was pretty much burnt down during the civil war. I mostly yard hunt but I sure find a variety of targets. 

I'm with ya to on the confidence thing in the nox. It just keeps finding stuff. I feel pretty sure if I get over something it'll let me know it's there. 

• Like 1