Minelab Equinox Accessory Pricing

Anyone know when waterproof phones are coming?

16 minutes ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

Anyone know when waterproof phones are coming?

It appears that almost everything except the 15” coils will be showing up over the few weeks since vendors have all been given the go ahead to list items for presale. The figure I see bandied about is 2 - 6 weeks but like everything else I won’t believe it until I see it.

• Like 3

The 6" coil is actually not too bad (for Minelab), and good news that it is ocming soon; but the wireless module and headphones are outrageously overpriced. Is Minelab trying to punish folks who bought the 600? Well, fortunately, we have Amazon...

• Like 3

Considering that what is basically the exact same 6” coil sells for $299 on the CTX then I am pleasantly surprised to see the Equinox 6” coil come in at $179. That’s actually about right in my book - the CTX 6” coil is quite overpriced.

The WM08 does seem like way too much at $259 for just a receiver module. Consider that the entire Minelab Pro-Sonic Wireless System pictured below sells for $269 complete.

The 1/8” to 1/4” headphone adapter is also kind of nuts at $40.00. In retrospect I wish Minelab had left the WM08 out of the Equinox 800. I think including the Universal Charger and the headphone adapter cable instead would have made a better package for most people and prevented lots of threads about the lack of both items.

0792A3EC-7589-4D11-B0E8-F9C8174073D0.jpeg

• Like 6

Any word on other stock items like the center shaft? I want to mod it with a folding joint but i don't want to ruin the current one. Would be nice to have a practice one to mess up on...lol

My experience with breaking down the Equinox is great. It takes less than two minutes and can be reassembled in the same amount of time. I suppose making a folding shaft would be great but because I have no reason to break it down I personally would never go to the trouble. 

15 years ago I would have done that as a workshop project because I had enough tools and space to do it complete with a small lathe and a mini CNC.  My wife used to say don't tell Norm your watch is broke because he will head to the shed and build you a new one.. 

• Haha 1

I'd still like to see a 5 x 10 coil at some point, but the 6" will suffice for the super trashy sites.