Minelab Equinox Accessory Pricing

I was just thinking about the awesome multi-connect feature provided by ML which enables you to connect up to 4 WM08's to a single Equinox Detector to facilitate learning the audio, teaching folks what different targets sound like, etc.  It dawned on me that if you have the 800 and then bought three more of these WM08 modules for your friends you could, for less cost, just get an Equinox 600 and an additional set of third party wireless phones and still have money in your pocket.  Wow.  I guess they are not really encouraging folks to use the 4 x WM08 feature...

Chase........ i dont know about the WM08....... but i can say you can also use wired headphones WITH bluetooth.   If thats the same with the WM08...... you could go wired and have 4 other guests..... for a total of 5 on one machine.   Now...... im thinking is it also possible to use a headphone SPLITTER and have 2 pairs of phones coming off the same WM08?   There ........ you have a whole class lol.

3 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Chase........ i dont know about the WM08....... but i can say you can also use wired headphones WITH bluetooth.   If thats the same with the WM08...... you could go wired and have 4 other guests..... for a total of 5 on one machine.   Now...... im thinking is it also possible to use a headphone SPLITTER and have 2 pairs of phones coming off the same WM08?   There ........ you have a whole class lol.

That's a great idea for a training class with everyone hearing the same tones. Thanks for sharing!

Wayne

21 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Bluetooth does not allow more than one device to be hooked up, you can only hook up multiple WM08's, though you can hook up both wired and BT wireless headphones at the same time.

49 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Bluetooth does not allow more than one device to be hooked up, you can only hook up multiple WM08's, though you can hook up both wired and BT wireless headphones at the same time.

Let me make sure I understand.  If you have someone you'd like to listen in (using headphones, not through the speaker) then give them the wireless headphones and tether yourself to the detector with wired headphones?

My son hunts with headphones wired to the head unit and I listen in giving tips with the WM08 AT THE SAME TIME.  So if you want to hunt with 2 folks that worked out well.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

You can also use the Bluetooth. ... no need for the WM08.

It is much faster and closer to what the wired user is hearing.  Doing it with the bluetooth will cause you to fall out of step with your student, which can be tough when you are working with a person new to visualizing a target under the coil.  I suggest the WM08 with some nice in-ear earbuds.  The work phenomenal and no sweaty sore ears after 6 hours!  If you enjoy over the ear headphones I understand, just sharing my experience and successes.

Steve H,

Can you tell me, if it  possible just to order the Pod of the Equinox 800 from Minelab so I can make my own unit to my own specification? ( naturally after the preorder time is finished ). My understanding is that Minelab also sells the Pods for their detectors on order separately. Want to know if this is also possible for the NOx 800 detectors.

Thanks

Vez...... are you saying the WM is more real time than the bluetooth?   I didnt find a lot of delay in the bluetooth...... ive not used the WM and  its a device ill likely never use.  Im wired up for water or beach so im good.