6"x10" Coil For Minelab Equinox

52 minutes ago, Nakky said:

A 6x10 open elliptical for water search and a 6x10 closed elliptical for gold search.

Nakky

A 9" round open coil would be my preference for water use. Lacking that, a 6x10 elliptical gets my vote over the HUGE 11" stock coil that has to be holding it back from its true potential in unmasking.

9 hours ago, relicmeister said:

I like the size and shape of a 6"x10" less eccentric than the 5x10 and keep more depth. All I can say is the equinox is worthy of a large assortment of coils, and that includes a 10" concentric. In my opinion they will all sell good, and ultimately there will be a very large number of equinoxes out there so a good business move by Minelab to offer such an assortment. 

My thoughts exactly as I had said the same to Steve recently.  ML would be shooting themselves in the foot by not making a good range of accessory coils.

Tom

• Like 1

If nothing else, hopefully they allow CoilTek to make some accessory coils. 

Sure would be nice if Minelab talked...shared anything.....about plans for the Equinox. 

• Like 2

I concur it would be great for not getting cut off twigs or anything else snagged,I like it!

I think a third party solid coil cover would sell extremely well, for any Equinox coil!

• Like 1

Some one already asked coiltec if they were go to do any coils... not in their plans.   To me ... this machine would be the dream machine for coils.   Look at the amount being bought.... and there is a lot of various ones that could be done.Ive used a couples of closed coils.... they were heavy out of the waterand floated in the water as well as u had trouble with coil flip.   But love the solid bottom any way.

16 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

I'd love to have a 6X10" coil but there's no friggin way I'm getting on another "Pre-order" waiting list!

I'm with you on that one...works  fine as it is, and I can wait, but it would be a good coil, have really enjoyed that coil on my Racer2 and every other detector I've had that coil form factor on.