Handle And Water

Ive got quite a few hours now in the water...... so i checked the jack i made and undid a screw on the handle to check it as well.   The water you see dripping isnt all of it..... seems water does get into the lower handle area..... note that sand does as well.   Im hoping over the long hall it doesnt become a problem since those parts appear to be brass and brass does bleed.  Got my fingers crossed they are right and there is no way for that water to get to the batteries.   Think about that thou if you change your own batteries.

Dew

20180430_074514.jpg

20180430_074628.jpg

Chase ....... both does it.   has to do with the hole i believe that the lower nipple must fit into.  The picture is of an after market...... but ive tested with the ML as well.   Doesnt seem to be a problem now...... but over time ill watch it and check.

Another thing..... those female inserts.... be very careful when tightening those bolts..... dont use a 19V drill .... just ease um tight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't like the sound of that!  Will watch that myself

GaryC/Oregon Coast

Yes dewcon,  I have had the same.

It does not seem to naturally drain out 

I noticed it when changing shafts from stock to carbon

15 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Chase ....... both does it.   has to do with the hole i believe that the lower nipple must fit into.  The picture is of an after market...... but ive tested with the ML as well.   Doesnt seem to be a problem now...... but over time ill watch it and check.

Another thing..... those female inserts.... be very careful when tightening those bolts..... dont use a 19V drill .... just ease um tight.

The only way I can see to solve the problem would be to add a weep hole in the lower clamp case to let some of the water escape.  It would also help if you want to flush it out after salt water hunting.