Equinox 800 Single Source Page

I have just ordered a box 800. I have been going through treads for awhile now. I was thinking it might help to have a single source thread with links to the must read threads. Such as Mr H's review some by our new Zealand guys. I was hoping Mr.H could kick this off with the top 5. Any thoughts?

You might want to look at the very first topic on this forum. (Equinox Essential Information).

You only need to press the Submit Button ONCE!

• Like 2

I agree with SittingElf  the essential info really helps and once you get your detector it is easy to go back and look at the experiences and helpful info other users have posted. Pay particular attention to what Steve H posts and some of the posts by Chase Goldman, and others.. I would say 30% of the posts are applicable to most of us and some of the posts are about accessories and modifications etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting you missed that. And not your fault - it's mine.

I am getting ready to do some massive behind the scenes work on the forum. The pinned topics are "MUST READ" from my perspective, but people commonly do not. I surmise they just go unseen? So I need to do a better job of highlighting them somehow. Easy enough. I do also plan on adding a similar thread at the top of the other forums.

The Minelab Equinox Essential Information thread is great but even it is getting too long. I need to break it into subsections - audio, ground balance, target id, etc. for quicker access.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The  Minelab Equinox Essential Information is the single most useful and informative thread on the Equinox I have found anywhere. As my experience with the 800 grows, the information makes more sense each time I refer back to it.  

• Like 1