Finally Got My Hands On A Production Equinox

I am interested to hear how you address the loose cam Steve.  I have the same issue with my 800 I received last week.  My 600 is rock solid, the 800 has significant play.  I would like to sure it up myself rather than having to send it in.  Thanks 

Tim

I just wrapped a layer of tape on the male end of upper stem so that the can can clamp solidly down on that.

Has made it really firm but won’t be convenient if you take it apart a lot.

Before trying a non standard coil it's a good idea to ohm each lead and see:

What pins are giving an ohm reading.

What is the ohm reading of these pin combinations.

Next test your host coil and compare the pin read outs.

Then make a judgement call on whether or not to try.

I've not been very successful at find a working coil that is not designed for the host machine.

But have had some to work, but not perfectly.

• Like 1

Glad you got one, Steve!  Superb!  Hopefully, you can get your cam issue "fixed."  I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it as a jewelry hunter...

Steve

Not worth sending in for repair Steve.  My rod was just replaced with another one with minimal change in the looseness of the twist lock .  Taping is the answer in the short term.  Minelab did a super job on Email response and paid shipment both ways.  Kudos for that but did not solve the main problem which really was minor.  GaryC/Oregon Coast 

11 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

Before trying a non standard coil it's a good idea to ohm each lead and see:

What pins are giving an ohm reading.

What is the ohm reading of these pin combinations.

Next test your host coil and compare the pin read outs.

Then make a judgement call on whether or not to try.

I've not been very successful at find a working coil that is not designed for the host machine.

But have had some to work, but not perfectly.

I forgot to mention inductance of the coils, very critical in combination with pin to pin ohm readings.

17 hours ago, Edsped said:

I just wrapped a layer of tape on the male end of upper stem so that the can can clamp solidly down on that.

Has made it really firm but won’t be convenient if you take it apart a lot.

That was my thought for mine.  I notice the wobble only at the end of some swings.  If I have good coil control I can avoid the wobble but some tape will probably do it.

Mitchel

20 hours ago, phrunt said:

Good ol' epoxy, huh?

It will be interesting to see if you notice any differences between prototype and production release.

You may end up liking your Nox even more now.

Minelab missed a sale on their 6" semi-gold coil with me, I've cancelled my order as they've taken far too long and now I've got a GPX4500 on it's way I'd rather spend the dough on aftermarket coils for it.  The Nox can just become my coin shooter.

You will 'miss' the discrimination but if you are on gold it is a matter of what 'size' the nuggets are.  I think the 6"" will be a limited application coil for me just like the 19" for the 7000.

Mitchel