Short Relic Hunt With The Equinox 800

That 1 inch unknown piece is intersting.  At first I thought it was threaded on the bottom but further viewing/contemplation makes me think otherwise.  Would you mind verifying?

That 1838-O seated dime is quite a find!!  I can only dream of finding something so spectacular.  You said it was a weak signal, both in multifreq and in pinpoint, but I didn't notice how deep you said it was....

You're obviously comfortable with Field 2.  Me, not so much, but I'm a slow learner and Park 2 has been great for me so I'm reluctant to change horses in a successful stream.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Real nice finds.  Yet to find a seated........

• Like 1

Beauty Seated Dime, she's looking pretty for a 180 year old and the flat button are both nice keepers.  Can't hazard a guess on that first item. 

For relic hunting, its between Park 2 and Field 2 for me, but I am partial to Field 2 at default settings and perpetually keep it in my User Profile slot for quick recall into service.  Otherwise, I set the machine to either Park 2 or Field 2, either with perhaps little iron bias cranked in depending on site conditions and can then interrogate targets with and without iron bias filtering to see if that tells me anything.

Great saves, Cal.

• Like 1

loving it...Nice dime...been killing myself trying to find one of those.... How about ole Tom?    Did the Nox wake him up yet? :smile:

strick

• Like 1

Wow -- GREAT hunt, Cal_Cobra!  I too, am curious as to how deep that beauty of a Seated dime was.  Outstanding!  And like strick asked -- did you raise Tom's eyebrows at all with that dig, LOL?!

Just kidding.  He loves his EX. II, and I can understand that...

CONGRATS on the super coin!

Steve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

That 1 inch unknown piece is intersting.  At first I thought it was threaded on the bottom but further viewing/contemplation makes me think otherwise.  Would you mind verifying?

That 1838-O seated dime is quite a find!!  I can only dream of finding something so spectacular.  You said it was a weak signal, both in multifreq and in pinpoint, but I didn't notice how deep you said it was....

You're obviously comfortable with Field 2.  Me, not so much, but I'm a slow learner and Park 2 has been great for me so I'm reluctant to change horses in a successful stream.

Keep up the good work!

The mystery item is threaded, I just verified that. Any idea what it might be?

The seated dime was over 9" deep, the hole was deeper then my carrot top.  

I need to try some other modes, I keep telling myself I will, yet I stick to Field 2, and I keep finding stuff, so I don't know, maybe I'm missing out, maybe not :unsure:

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Beauty Seated Dime, she's looking pretty for a 180 year old and the flat button are both nice keepers.  Can't hazard a guess on that first item. 

For relic hunting, its between Park 2 and Field 2 for me, but I am partial to Field 2 at default settings and perpetually keep it in my User Profile slot for quick recall into service.  Otherwise, I set the machine to either Park 2 or Field 2, either with perhaps little iron bias cranked in depending on site conditions and can then interrogate targets with and without iron bias filtering to see if that tells me anything.

Great saves, Cal.

Thanks, it was an exciting find for such a stingy site. 

So if you put a customized search mode into your User Profile you can simply push that button to switch to it, check your target, and push it again to return to the previously used search mode?    Sounds like something I need to do, would be easier then slogging through the settings menu. 

HH,
Cal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, strick said:

loving it...Nice dime...been killing myself trying to find one of those.... How about ole Tom?    Did the Nox wake him up yet? :smile:

strick

Thanks, their out there, just gotta get your coil over it. 

Tom, he went a few miles away to try another site that's almost always grassed in and oddly this time it wasn't, so he gave it a go, and didn't get much.

He's so plugged into his Exp2, I don't think he'll switch over to the Nox until I give him a good beat down with it, and I think I still have a lot to learn on it until that day comes....but it's coming :biggrin:

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Short Relic Hunt With The Equinox 800