My 800 Is Here!

Darn if the relatives didn't spend another night and prior commitments keep me busy tomorrow. Looks like Friday at the earliest other than trying my coin garden tomorrow for a few minutes. 

" Inquiring minds want to know and all that jazz"  LOL

Dang relatives - lol

You'll probably find a gold coin on your first trip out, just make sure you use the special beginners luck gold mode :wink:

On 5/8/2018 at 12:50 AM, Sinclair said:

Did you have a chance to compare them, yet?

Nope not yet.  I've been working so much and my wife is about to have our first child, so she's concerned the baby's going to come any second, so she's apprehensive to let me out of the house on the weekends to go detecting, that the few precious times I have been able to get out, I just detect...not even any videos.  Later this summer or for sure this fall.    Their definitely very different machines and both have a place in my detecting tool box.

• Like 2

Congratulations on your first child Cal. I wish you and your wife all the best on this awesome event!

WOW!  CONGRATS on your pending first child!  Life will change, big time, but its all good!  There is NOTHING like having kids...they will grow you and change you in ways you can't imagine...

Steve

• Like 1

That's awesome that your 800 has arrived.  Get out early and beat the heat!

With any luck I'll have mine by the 18th. 

Cal enjoy that new baby when it arrives.   Detecting comes second to the joy of a new one in the household.

Tom Z

11 hours ago, steveg said:

There is NOTHING like having kids...they will grow you and change you in ways you can't imagine...

True words spoken ?

I have three - two of them being twins.

• Like 1

Got out for about two hours (before the heat got to us) this morning and went to a dirt lot that we've hammered pretty good in the past. Used to be three homes there built in the thirties. Used Park 1 that I made a few adjustments to prior to going out. Changed the tone breaks to my liking and also the Tone pitches for each "bin".  When they tore the homes down, they moved the dirt quite a bit so clad can be found at the same depth as silver. Managed to pull out a couple of weaties and a 42 Merc. along with about 12 clad coins. My buddy using his 800 for the first time also pulled a wheatie and a 43 Merc.  Gotta say we were both impressed with the 800's performance for being the first time we've taken them out. Heading to Nevada week after next to hunt some ghost towns and hoping the weather is much cooler up there. 

• Like 2