Yes! My Machine Is On The Way!

Big thank you to Gerry's Metal Detectors! My new Nox 800 is due to arrive Tuesday according to Fedex. After watching and waiting I'm ready to find that seated coin that has eluded me for so long. I can see it in my hands...

Pretty crazy to think I've found a 1745 half reales and a 1836 Drapped bust half dime before a seated in 5 years of US metal detecting right? It's a strange game this metal detecting. I'm hoping I can find my white whale with the Nox!

HH

Sillllvar

• Like 2

HA -- strange, indeed.  My white whale is a Barber quarter, of all things!  Like you, I've found coins all the way back to Bust; I even have two Seated quarters, but NO Barber quarter (despite LOTS of Barber dimes!)

ANYWAY, congrats on your soon-to-arrive Equinox!  You should be having fun here, real soon.  Here's to hoping that Seated coin of yours isn't too far away!

Steve

• Like 1

Cheers Steve! I mostly hunt Cellar holes here in New England where most of them have been hit pretty hard. I tend to find buttons,  shoe buckles/relics and large cents. Silver comes not too often. I'm convinced that the silver is being masked in the Iron and my Minelab Explorer Se just cant see the small coins that have been left behind. I found the DB half dime a few weeks ago with a small sef 8X6 coil at the edge of a barn structure. It was a very small faint signal and it surprised me in that it was not stronger. That lead me to believe that the Iron was almost dampening down the signal. It seems to me from watching and reading that the Nox seems to pull that signal out and amplify it! I'm looking forwards to seeing the small coil on the 800, its going to be very interesting ?

I think I'm going to try some of the hunted out parks/commons around with the Nox. I have located a couple of 1800's Hotel sites that night be prime targets to get the seated coins. Good luck on finding your Barber Quarter, I hope this is the year for you!

On 5/9/2018 at 8:02 AM, Chase Goldman said:

Recognizable Large Cent for me.  

Amen to that. LOL

• Like 1