Sign in to follow this  
kiwijw

Bit Of Old 4500 & 11" Mono Coil Footage

Hi guys, I have been sending on to Simon (phrunt) some old video footage I took to show him the sensitivity & depth of the 4500 on pretty small gold. using the Minelab 11" Commander Mono coil. That coil found me a lot of gold, small gold. All these clips were taken on the same detecting mission & were pretty much one after the other. The day was windy, as you will see, & it was before my days of using a scoop to retrieve targets. Consequently I got the dropsy's & made a meal of the recovery in the first vid. Hence it dragging on far longer than it should have. Sorry about that. The reason why I never made it public back in the day. I could have edited it but didn't. Just the raw footage. Hope you enjoy. Cheers.

Video # 1

Video # 2

Video # 3

There are more that I will add later. Cheers

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 6

Hi guys. Got a few more loaded up. I made mention in one of the first vids that I was not a fan of external speakers, preferring headphones, but it was the only way you the viewer were going to hear the signals. It was back around that same time that I did a complete change on that & have not used headphones since but preferring JP's B&Z Booster & twin external speaker set up. Any way...more vids.

This was the early result of what was in the gold bottle when we stopped for a coffee break. Mrs JW tipped it out onto the coil.

GV & glory holel 029

This was the end of the first day from that hole when we got home & cleaned it up. All detected with the 11" commander Mono coil.

GV & glory holel 035

Went back the following weekend & the gold around the coin was detected & then I had the play with the Falcon MD 20 & the result form that had me back packing the dig out dirt down to the nearest water hole to pan it. Up the back of the pan was the result of that days panning.

Glory hole revisited 021

Went back a third day & detected some more from the dig.

glory hole again 010

And the final panning clean up.

glory hole yet again 008

That was just an insane little glory hole. boy was that fun.

Here are some pics of the gold from the Falcon. The camera battery died on me during that footage.

Glory hole revisited 009

Glory hole revisited 017

Glory hole revisited 018

Cheers.

Best of luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 4

Had to put these up right as I wanted to go to bed didn't you 🙂  That Falcon MD20 looks interesting.

Thanks John

• Like 1

Have another look...I just added some pics of the result from that little glory hole. I am sure you recognize the location. :biggrin:

• Like 2

good stuff JW  

• Thanks 1

Oh I recognise it well, I've explored it on my knees, but you sure know how to motivate a guy. 🙂

• Haha 2

Hi guys, Of course I didn't have the GM 1000 or GB2 back then. I did have the GMT but never took it up there. I am sure they would have snagged those smaller smaller pieces that the Falcon got. But the big winner was panning out the dig out dirt. That got all the gold. You may notice that there is not any real tiny tiny specks or flour gold or very thin flakey gold. All has a bit of body to it. Guess that comes down to the conditions at the time that it was laid down & caught up in the trap that held it there for me to come along & find it. The first initial signal was just the faintest of faint hiccup in the threshold, could very easily of passed it up as a bit of ground noise,d & on getting down to that piece brought others into the field of view of the coil. After that...the rest is history. 

Cheers.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 4

On 5/12/2018 at 5:21 AM, phrunt said:

Oh I recognise it well, I've explored it on my knees,

Retrieving shotgun pellets Mostly. ....:laugh:....:rolleyes: ...but some gold too.:smile:

JW :smile:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Hard Prospector
      Anyone have any insight on this new machine from Nokta? Saw it advertised on a internet discount detector sales site (guess.....yep that's the one), kind of looks like a "futuristic GB2". Man this company never sleeps.

• By phrunt
      Has anyone had any experience with these things? 

Electromagnetic and magnetic interferences could be extremely annoying when you are looking for that hard to find gold nugget. Most of the noise is picked up by the search coil but a significant level of noise is being picked up as well by the sensitive electronics inside the control box.
      The control box is made of aluminium therefore the magnetic field easily penetrates it.
      To prove that, approach a magnet to the right side of your detector when switched on. 
      Millions of less obvious noise signals are interfering with your detector.  
      We have developed this Shield from the best quality material primarily used in sensitive 
      medical and scientific electronics. After years of studying and testing different materials we have found this one ticks all the boxes. 
      I have revisited the places where I've previously cleaned up and found more gold after installing the shield.
      It is 0.35 mm thick, held firmly around your control box by the armrest and  the new improved version with dual layer shielding on the right side is only 175 g!
      We have tested it on the GPX 5000 with amazing results such as quieter threshold, better GB, resulting in slightly increased depth.
      The shield allows you to increase the Rx gain by a notch or two without compromising the threshold. Use Inverted Response when hunting for big deep nuggets. 
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MAGNETIC-INTERFERENCE-REDUCER-SHIELD-FOR-MINELAB-GOLD-DETECTORS/232594646908?hash=item3627b8a77c:g:8lEAAOSwYGFU0bvu
      I noticed it on Ebay today while I was looking for a cover for my GPX.
      I have noticed I've been able to quieten down my GPX by opening the control box up and scraping some paint away where the shielding touches the casing, on one end they had scraped away paint from one screw point during production, and the other end had no paint scraped away at all by the factory so it's sheilding was basically useless.  By scraping paint away from a few areas on each end of the detector I was able to give the GPX a bit of a noticable quieten down.  I am sure on later models Minelab would of scraped away more paint but as mine is a very early model made in Australia version this wasn't done.

• By Steve Herschbach
      https://youtu.be/CZCAkUYQvRM
      Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk Instructional Video - Basic features and functions of the fully wireless Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk pinpointer are demonstrated. Sections include: wireless syncing; a tip on factory reset; adjusting detection and sensitivity settings; lost pinpointer alarm; retuning the Pro-Pointer to find targets faster or to overcome environmental challenges; battery replacement; and general care.

• By phrunt
      So now I've got a Gpx 4500 my phobia of headphones is really getting to me, I hate the things.  
      I want to hook up an external speaker to it, I have tried an external speaker I had laying around and unfortunately the amp on the battery doesn't kick in using it so I assume its to do with it having a stereo plug on it.  
      Kiwijw mentioned he thinks you need a mono plug for the amp to kick in, if this is the case I'll just cut the end off and add a mono plug but I wanted to be sure before doing this that's what kicks the amp in.
      I've also ordered what seems to be the popular speaker for the 4500

However it comes with a 3.5mm mono plug, so I'd need to change that to a 6.5mm plug (1/4")
      The problem I see is they're being advertised for GPX detectors looking like this

So they've put a stereo plug on that one, and advertising it for GPX 4500's
      Would that not mean the amp won't kick in and you'd need a booster? 
      Does anyone know for certain what makes the batteries amp kick in? 
      Even JP sells his one with the stereo plug, I'm puzzled
      https://outbackprospector.com.au/jonathan-porter-gold-prospecting-external-speaker/
      Thanks

• By vanursepaul
      Well, I showed a video last year of me chasing gold in the snows of NV--

this year it is in NorCal

• By phrunt
      I have stumbled across an opportunity to buy an old GPX4500, it's one that was made in Australia.
      There seems to be conflicting opinions of if the new or old one is better, I have read the new one has a gpx 5000 guts in it with things disabled so it runs smoother and ground balances better in hot ground but then others saying they would rather chop off their arm with a toothpick than give up their old GPX4500 for a new one as the old one punches deeper on bigger gold and runs hotter.
      It seems most people think the new one is better, would I be right in thinking this? 
      I've decided I'll get one either way, be it new or this older one.
      Thanks