Equinox Beach Finds 10-05-18

If I am coinshooting only, I prefer 5 and 10kHz, because that solves my problems with 2€ coins ringing at the same ID as pulltabs and bottletops get such high IDs, you can distinguish them more easily. You do loose some depth, especially on small items - they may disappear completely.

Believe it or not - I got the nox running beach1 and single frequency 5kHz once :laugh: I guess it was just another software glitch.. been switching around between userprofile park1 5kHz based and beach1 a lot.. and wondered, why all of the sudden the 2€ coin was ringing at 21 in beach1 :happy:

Imho there are also some other glitches going on with f.e. the tonebreak settings and userprofile switching other than the ones being known.

• Like 3

Use 10 khts for tops or dry sometimes. 

My beach have all the types of trash available and more.

Ooops .. I did it again:

18C3B0A5-9D6A-4CC4-B14F-8CBFCBC0D052_zps

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sinclair said:

If I am coinshooting only, I prefer 5 and 10kHz, because that solves my problems with 2€ coins ringing at the same ID as pulltabs and bottletops get such high IDs, you can distinguish them more easily. You do loose some depth, especially on small items - they may disappear completely.

Believe it or not - I got the nox running beach1 and single frequency 5kHz once :laugh: I guess it was just another software glitch.. been switching around between userprofile park1 5kHz based and beach1 a lot.. and wondered, why all of the sudden the 2€ coin was ringing at 21 in beach1 :happy:

Imho there are also some other glitches going on with f.e. the tonebreak settings and userprofile switching other than the ones being known.

Do i sense a factory recall ? 

Here in the UK i have not heard of a delivery for around 3 weeks , certainly not at my dealer i am getting my second machine from . My dealer has had 3 returned for various reasons out of 75 i think they have had , i am at 119.

And Minelab said they would have all back orders cleared by when ??

2 hours ago, Nuke em said:

Why would that be?  Because they can't keep up with worldwide demand?  Yeah, this is an unmitigated disaster.  Lol.  Whites didn't even recall the MX sport en masse even after it started leaking water through the control housing...  I have not heard of any issues,  including the wonky shaft cam locks, that even come close to warranting an all user warning email, much less a recall.

2 hours ago, Nuke em said:

dealer i am getting my second machine from . My dealer has had 3 returned for various reasons out of 75 i think they have had , i am at 119.

And Minelab said they would have all back orders cleared by when ??

You are seriously questioning why ML hasnt filled all backorders? Perhaps because people like you keep ordering 2 or 3 while at the same time complaining about their performance,  lol. Just poking a bit o' fun Nukie.

BTW, plenty of 600's sitting on dealers' shelves in the States

I think it is hilarious that ML continues to get thrashed by end users simply because they can't keep up with historically unprecedented demand for a new Metal Detector model.  The issue is snowballing too as skeptical users buy into the initial positive reports by the early adopters to jump on the bandwagon, while many other folks indeed order their second Equinox (raises hand).

BTW, have you given Sinclair's Single freq beach anomaly a go yet?  If I can get it to happen, I am going to see if it saves in the User Profile slot, too.  Weird.

Welp, off to the beach...

• Like 1

Well put over Chase.

Richard (Nuke em) does tend to seek out negative news even if it comes from the "Fake News Camp".

Richard does have his opinion but I do wish he was a bit more on the positive side as he does very well with his finds rate here on the UK beaches

I am very close to our UK Distributor (Crawfords) and most of the dealers returned faulty Equinox's comes through him for returning  to Minelab and he told me of the over 400 Equinox's sold direct by him he has only had 4  to return to Minelab , and Craig at Crawfords has supplied hundreds and hundreds to his network of dealers and from that direction he has had very few with faults.

3 hours ago, Nuke em said:

Don't think so, I'm with chase there. The machine has some issues and I hope there will be an software update soon, because the userprofile messes up the settings big time.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

BTW, have you given Sinclair's Single freq beach anomaly a go yet?  If I can get it to happen, I am going to see if it saves in the User Profile slot, too.  Weird.

Just to be clear: I am hunting park1 single frequency stored as userprofile and beach1 multi frequency, didn't obuse beach1 at 5kHz, yet. That anomaly seems to happen, when the user profile is loaded and I am fiddling around with tonebreaks etc. and switch back to beach1 (didn't turn the machine off). It would keep beach1 at 5kHz even if I cycle through the profiles. If I hit the frequency button, it makes that typical "odd" sound, flips back to multi frequency and stays there.

I am not all negative. I like to tell it how it is , if there is something i am having trouble with i will talk about it . Most of my finds are from other Minelabs and like most others i am only changing machines because of weight and wanting a waterproof machine.

Around my area of beaches the Nox works best between the tides or in the water but then i have problems using it in the water here due to the lack of time the tides are long enough to get on the sand and the rough conditions with the currents . At some point i will get to another sandy beach and hit it for all its worth but not yet , my beaches are getting a bit busier and even if i dont get the Gold as much i do find lots of coinage . Travelling to other beaches far away means risking not finding anything or nearly nothing .

I bought the Nox purely to add to the Terra 705 and to see if it can replace my FBS . It certainly has added to my 705 being able to use the Anderson shaft but it hasn't yet replaced my ET . The ET is better for target info in trash , not as good in Iron true and as for depth i am still figuring that one out . But the 705 is still my machine of choice on the dry tops , the coinage comes in on numbers that i have very little doubt on and the tones hit better . I still have to work out the best tones on the Nox , not yet tried the 50 tones properly but thats because of good targets being to close to bad targets numbers wise . Land use might be different but for the beach a little more distance between the Pull tab/ Ring pull and the 20p or 50p coins would have helped . On the Terra the Pull tab comes in at 12 or 13 and on the Nox its between 12 and 15 . Where 10p 20p and 50p coins come in . On the Terra the 10p 20p and 50p are 14 , 18 and 16 respectively . The situation on the Nox with the Pound/ 2 Pound coins isn't as bad but is stuck in at the top of some Aluminium blob targets which means if i set a tone for numbers to 20 then it crackles sometimes for 21 which the Pound comes in at a lot of the time. If in the ground in cases the Pound can change numbers and be anything between 21 and 23 . On the Nox the 20p is 15 maybe 16 , the 10p is 14 and the 50p 14 most of the times but so do the Pull Tabs at times . 

Now then i know what your thinking , what about Gold rings ? They come in anywhere from the lowest numbers to around 23 maybe higher , on my dry tops its not worthwhile looking for Gold rings . If you find one its a bonus but its not the area to look , it will take to long when there are lots of coins to go for and with all the trash way to hard to go through .

For me the Nox is best on the beach in less than very trashy areas (I dont have time to mess around figuring targets , i like to find and retrieve a target within 10 seconds on average ) , the 705 is best in trash but not lower down in the salt , the Terra is a great scavenger machine for coins . On the tops the ET is my backup due to target info being second to none when away from Iron.

If my beaches were less trashy and not sand / pea shingle / pebble / stones mix then adding all the nails from pallet boards burnt in the past , bit of and whole parts of barbecue trays plus other Aluminium from Coke cans bottle tops Crown caps Pull tabs Ring pulls and large burn marks on the tops which send the ET and Terra into quiet mode and the pubs / clubs sending EMI from their speakers and alarm systems and under beach Iron girders concrete mix i would have a lot easier time .

I am fussy , i need to be !

As for me adding to the supply problem for wanting 2 Nox's . Nah . Shouldn't wanting 2 of them endorse the machine a bit ?

And i want it for land too when i get out on land again .

I am only giving my opinion on my beaches not others . And all my machines work well in different places on my beaches . And all in my opinion work better than almost all else of any makes .

32 minutes ago, Sinclair said:

Don't think so, I'm with chase there. The machine has some issues and I hope there will be an software update soon, because the userprofile messes up the settings big time.

Updates . That'll be a first ! 

Not sure updates are needed for it maybe a few changes but i am in no hurry , might be just a few dodgy machines . I have heard about wonky stems but not seen that in mine . My dealer has had 1 though . 

Nice finds to say the least.:biggrin: