Equinox Beach Finds 10-05-18

5 hours ago, Nuke em said:

As for me adding to the supply problem for wanting 2 Nox's . Nah . Shouldn't wanting 2 of them endorse the machine a bit ?

Well even though I said I was poking fun, you still decided to take me seriously.  You have every right to be demanding and fussy.  Never said you were or were not endorsing the machine (I dont have personally care whether other people like it or not) nor did I think that you were adding to the "supply problem".  I was merely humorously pointing out the amusing contradiction that you (justifiably) want Equinox to be more than it is yet you are still willing to buy a 2nd machine.  

You missed my point completely.  I find it ironic that even people who are not 100% all in on the machine like it enough to get more than one and that those same people wonder why ML can't keep up with the demand.  Most folks are more than pleased with the machine so it makes sense that ML never even had a chance to meet that ridiculous end of March backlog clearing goal.  Meanwhile the backlog grows ever larger as the Equinox demand snowball rolls down the hill. That just makes me smile and shake my head ruefully.  Lol.

Nothing wrong with thinking that way, Nuke, it just tickles my funny bone, that's all.

• Like 4

BTW - Got out to my local beach park this AM to give Goldinox a dip and managed some relatively deep coins again, including nickels.  But what was amazing is the small stuff I was digging out of the wet sand.  Wet sand and surf recovery is just plain exhausting and to make matters more fun, the tide was coming in.  So after 3 hours, I managed just a little over a couple dollars worth of change and this tiny gold turtle pendant for the world's best and toughest mom and I'm beat.

Nuke, I have no idea how you manage your 14 hour ironman beach detecting sessions.  You have every right to be demanding of your equipment!  Tip o the hat to your determination and skill.

Happy Hunting to all this weekend!

20180512_105021.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Well even though I said I was poking fun, you still decided to take me seriously.  You have every right to be demanding and fussy.  Never said you were or were not endorsing the machine (I dont have personally care whether other people like it or not) nor did I think that you were adding to the "supply problem".  I was merely humorously pointing out the amusing contradiction that you (justifiably) want Equinox to be more than it is yet you are still willing to buy a 2nd machine.  

You missed my point completely.  I find it ironic that even people who are not 100% all in on the machine like it enough to get more than one and that those same people wonder why ML can't keep up with the demand.  Most folks are more than pleased with the machine so it makes sense that ML never even had a chance to meet that ridiculous end of March backlog clearing goal.  Meanwhile the backlog grows ever larger as the Equinox demand snowball rolls down the hill. That just makes me smile and shake my head ruefully.  Lol.

Nothing wrong with thinking that way, Nuke, it just tickles my funny bone, that's all.

I did not think you were serious or poking fun , got up late this morning and was to tired to read all you wrote properly .

The queue that Minelab has created is getting longer as it should if they are going to make it work in the detecting World but its Minelab that is at fault because they are taking an age to clear the backlog that was there even before the release . As far as i know there has been around 700 to 800 units delivered to the UK , dont know if thats including 600's or not but have heard that 1 or 2 shops have the 600's on the shelf ?? 

I dont know what Minelab's production rate is on the machine per week but they certainly aren't coming here , have heard that another delivery to Crawfords dealer is due though . The other main dealer that get theirs direct must be soon too if thats the case.

I am not in a hurry for my second unit but i would like to get it out of the way . I only cancelled my second when i got my first because of money mostly and would have had both at the same time .

One thing is for certain whether it be good bad or ugly i wont be in the queue for any other machine in future. I will wait till its on the shelf so i can see it before buying it and see other peoples thoughts on the forums first . 

I am never easy to please and no machine is perfect everywhere , but then they dont have too . They only have to be good somewhere .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

BTW - Got out to my local beach park this AM to give Goldinox a dip and managed some relatively deep coins again, including nickels.  But what was amazing is the small stuff I was digging out of the wet sand.  Wet sand and surf recovery is just plain exhausting and to make matters more fun, the tide was coming in.  So after 3 hours, I managed just a little over a couple dollars worth of change and this tiny gold turtle pendant for the world's best and toughest mom and I'm beat.

Nuke, I have no idea how you manage your 14 hour ironman beach detecting sessions.  You have every right to be demanding of your equipment!  Tip o the hat to your determination and skill.

Happy Hunting to all this weekend!

20180512_105021.jpg

What karat is it , looks good , well done.

I haven't been out today . The weather is crap and might be tomorrow . If i do go out it might be from midday tomorrow till sunset at 8pm or so. Not expecting much , all the beaches looked built up a bit or enough to hide most in the tidals . The tops are likely to be baron till the better weather .

6 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

I am never easy to please and no machine is perfect everywhere , but then they dont have too . They only have to be good somewhere .

Amen to that.  

After Equinox, the bar is set pretty high before I wait in line again, too.

Just now, Chase Goldman said:

Amen to that.  

After Equinox, the bar is set pretty high before I wait in line again, too.

What has made me avoid queues in future was the release of the CTX . I bought that on day 1 and after around a year had had enough of the machine . It just didn't tick the boxes in the right ways , the Nox ticks a whole lot more of them .

Anyway whatever replaces the ET / CTX will most likely mean a Mortgage is needed . Then again i might not buy it if thats the case .

7 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

What karat is it , looks good , well done.

I haven't been out today . The weather is crap and might be tomorrow . If i do go out it might be from midday tomorrow till sunset at 8pm or so. Not expecting much , all the beaches looked built up a bit or enough to hide most in the tidals . The tops are likely to be baron till the better weather .

Not sure, no marking, need to test it.  It may be plate, but so small.  The missus thinks it's cute, so it's a win regardless.

1 minute ago, Chase Goldman said:

Not sure, no marking, need to test it.  It may be plate, but so small.  The missus thinks it's cute regardless, so it's a win regardless.

I was wondering about plated but not sure , what tone was it or number ? 

2 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

For its size, has some heft, .8 g.  Not magnetic.  We'll see.  Tone was 17.

Maybe Gold 14 or 18k . Or Gold plated Brass maybe . 8 g is the weight of a 22k Gold Sovereign coin , 22mm diameter .

Your find has a stone , depends on that and its weight too .