Makro Multi Kruzer Unearths Missed Goodies In Pounded Park!

Nice hunt.   Look at that tab.   Just when you think you have seen them all, a new one pops up.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Nice haul Terry!!! Just love those Wheaties, Indian Heads and Mercury dimes. You know the old saying: “when wheaties are here, silver is near”

I’ve hunted in some bad “neighborhood” parks deep in lower Toronto where violent and destructive behavior, robberies, drugs, and prostitution rule. I finally had to give it up despite that one park was the best producer I’d ever found… full of old silver, old large British / Canadian cents, and plenty of other goodies, especially men’s silver rings which was odd. Good signals everywhere, a detectorist's paradise.

It was just not worth risking assault or worse. There were a few close calls with trouble-hunting individuals looking for a perceived easy mark.  On a more positive note, the truly dangerous ruling gang members (who I repeatedly went out of my way to explain exactly what I was doing) seemed kindly disposed to leave me alone. In fact, when they were in near proximity, absolutely nobody approached or otherwise bothered me. However it was open season on police cruisers and taxicabs, throwing rocks at these vehicles apparently was their favorite pastime.

Glad you came out with a whole skin Terry, maybe you’re better off prospecting gold nuggets in Arizona where you only have to deal with tarantulas, poisonous snakes, cougars, and so forth. Easy pickings compared to Yonkers.:rolleyes:

Jim.

• Like 3

Jim,

Don't encourage Terry to come back to AZ and hunt nuggets! There won't be any left for the rest of us!

Terry,

Nice hunting! What is the disc with the hole in it?

Dean

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bado1 said:

Jim,

Don't encourage Terry to come back to AZ and hunt nuggets! There won't be any left for the rest of us!

Terry,

Nice hunting! What is the disc with the hole in it?

Dean

Not sure yet Dean. Have it soaking in apple cider vinegar. So I'll check it in a couple days.

• Like 1

Good finds, especially the 1869 IH!  That's a low mintage date worth a decent premium (depending upon condition, of course).  PCGS has retail of $90 in G-4.  (Retail price for professionally graded coin, not what someone will pay you.  See Ebay for better middling value.  Yours might beat G-4, I hope.)

• Like 2

On 5/10/2018 at 3:43 PM, Mike Hillis said:

Nice hunt.   Look at that tab.   Just when you think you have seen them all, a new one pops up.

HH
Mike

Those are the first pull tabs i believe.   “Zip” tabs.   When they turn up you are close to the silver level

• Like 1