Minelab Waterproof Headphones In The House

cdv

Although I'm not a water hunter, that is good news. Hopefully that means the 6-inch coil is not too far behind.

• Like 1

Chase, loudness is good, definitely better than 45 decibels, I was reading high 60's with most hitting in the mid 70's. (uncalibrated cell phone app) I will know for sure after hitting the beach tomorrow. The fit of course is typical Koss, large headband but they do fit tight enough not to fall off. Gel earpads will help with ambient noise that I'm sure they will suffer from but I wanted them for snorkel detecting as my normal use headphones (used with a home made adapter) won't take going under water much.

I'll get back on here to report a field test after tomorrows hunt.

Cliff

Good stuff , thank you

I heard a couple of days ago on Facebook that Minelabs Nox water headphones were available in Sweden

Now the USA so hopefully Oz soon.

Hopefully in a month or so there will be plenty available to buy as I'm not ready to go deep yet in our 48 deg F water!

Snorkel ready now buddy...... hopefully you can get out farther than we did to pay for them lol.   Got to say Keith really takes care of his customers..... and the ML repairs have improved since moving up there.   I got my aircraft muffs in the other day for 2 pair of phones.   Nice to see ML listened and gave you more cable that doesnt look as stiff.   The old ones i was always pulling the phones off my head when trying to put the detector down.    You start bringing in the gold with that mask ..... ill have to try it again.   Mother nature was fair to me..... im about a foot shorter than you lol.

Well, I just got back from a hunt with the new headphones, they are loud enough and I am happy with them. Those with subpar hearing may not like them but the yellows work good on this machine, much louder then they worked on the CTX! Compared to headphones with audiosears speakers inside plexi tubes, they aren't quite as loud yet still in a good range where I may be able to get off the maximum volume on the Equinox.  My hunting partner today commented (from 10 feet away) that he could hear my phones when I was over a target.

The extended cable (straight 41" to the coiled cable) worked good, allowing me to Velcro the straight cable to the back of the detector shaft and there was plenty of excess cable to not pull on the headphones while in use. Minelab even throws in two Velcro cable ties with the headphones.....I almost threw them out without seeing in the packing material.

Next test will be underwater.

Oh Dew, I found that crematory tag you tossed out further the other day, guess that extra foot in height isn't always a blessing.....lol

Cliff

No Chase, the headphones come with an extra long cable, 41" of straight cable (for running under the shaft) then the curled cable to the headphones.... all one piece. Minelab really thought out how these would be used. If you look at my photos from earlier you will see what I mean.

Sometimes the more I write, the more things are misunderstood.....sorry.

Cliff