heck yeah buddy! Great hunt. I have found that same flask. I actually just got the powder flask book, I will try to remember to look it up and pass on the info...just too tired at the moment. The ring is fantastic! Bet that got the heart beating!

• Like 2

Hi Strick… that’s a good assortment of finds with your Equinox 800, particularly what may be an antique gold ring, powder flask, and Chinese coin. You might not have done so well at the beach as things stand, which just goes to show that sometimes it pays to follow your instincts or inclination. 

The Chinese coin is an unusual find over here in central Ontario, but we do infrequently find them in older parks and schoolyards, and former picnic groves. They tend to be in fairly good condition compared to older copper coin finds, but that is probably due to a different alloy composition and / or soil chemistry here.

Thanks for sharing your outing and those just excellent photos with us!!!

WTG :cool:

Jim.

• Like 1

Cool finds, strick!  Any idea on the age of the ring?  I assume it wasn't left by the miners.  Really like that powder flask.

Figured you wouldn't give the SN ale crown cap any publicity by including it in the pic.  ?

• Haha 1

Thanks guys! Ray when I first seen the ring is was sideways to me and all I could see was the notches which resembled a serrated edge of a coin from a distance...The last thing I expected to find was a gold ring out there... a gold coin would be more probable.  

Jim-  some of those Chinese coins are older then we might think. A buddy of mine showed one I found recently to his wife (who is Chinese) and it was made in the 1600's ! I guess thats why some of them are disintegrated.  

GB- There are no markings on the ring...it appears to be crudely made of high k gold. I'd like to think it was dropped by one of the Chinese miners or their wife...Or maybe the head of the Chinese mining company that came to inspect their work...lol. At any rate there was a small community living in this area long ago and everything I've found so far is Chinese. Those Beer caps have got enough publicity on their own lately and I think I might have left one on the ground for the next hunt :smile:

strick

• Like 1

Amazing finds, the high carrot ring is really pretty. The Chinese coin is from emperor Kang Xi 1654-1722 cool old Chinese coin, also love the powder flask good hunting struck!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...