Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Upcoming New Gold Nugget Detectors

Another great look behind the curtains of the industry Steve. 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab still “owes” us GPZ owners a smaller coil but.....

.......Will it ever happen? Just like others wanting a larger coil for the SDC 2300. Not holding my breath. Thanks for the update.Steve. Yes...nothing quite like the development & then its "rumored"  public release  & then its actual "drip feed" release of a much awaited "new" technology detector to get the forums buzzing. Look what the Equinox did.  Cheers.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 2

Thats fine. Frankly I don't need to spend any more money on detectors...what I have seems to find stuff to my liking any ways... finding the time to detect and getting the coil over gold seems to be the problem...  Hopefully I'll get to the high country soon for some fun in the Pine forests. I'd better charge up the GPZ as I have not looked at it in months lol 

strick 

• Like 3

I still think there is a way that they -Minelab- could stuff that wire into the smaller coil version for the GPZ.  Not having a small coil is really a huge negative for people wanting a GPZ.  I can understand why people keep their GPX's.  Those Joey and Sadie coils are killers in tight areas.  I had to buy a Gold Monster just so I could work these types of areas.  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Andyy said:

Those Joey and Sadie coils are killers in tight areas.

Amen to that Andyy.

Best of luck out there.

JW :smile:

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:12 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab still “owes” us GPZ owners a smaller coil but with Equinox occupying all their efforts....?

...... and three or four user-defined Preset Settings for the Zed.

Steve there is a Patent pub date April 19, 2018 for Bruce Candy/ Minelab. It looks like the continuation/ improvement to the GPZ 7000 I believe. I wonder if there is another mod coming out??

Link to patent

Dave

• Like 2

There's a lot of fancy words in there Dave, makes my head hurt  🤕

How technology works is amazing.  The people who think this stuff up are even more amazinger!! 

Bruce must be a fair dinkum, you beaut, ridgy didge genious.  2 thumbs up for you Bruce  👍👍

• Like 1

610696-shane-merrett.jpg

I couldn't agree more Northeast.  Right on Mr Bruce Candy. We love ya work.

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By phrunt
      Has anyone had any experience with these things? 

Electromagnetic and magnetic interferences could be extremely annoying when you are looking for that hard to find gold nugget. Most of the noise is picked up by the search coil but a significant level of noise is being picked up as well by the sensitive electronics inside the control box.
      The control box is made of aluminium therefore the magnetic field easily penetrates it.
      To prove that, approach a magnet to the right side of your detector when switched on. 
      Millions of less obvious noise signals are interfering with your detector.  
      We have developed this Shield from the best quality material primarily used in sensitive 
      medical and scientific electronics. After years of studying and testing different materials we have found this one ticks all the boxes. 
      I have revisited the places where I've previously cleaned up and found more gold after installing the shield.
      It is 0.35 mm thick, held firmly around your control box by the armrest and  the new improved version with dual layer shielding on the right side is only 175 g!
      We have tested it on the GPX 5000 with amazing results such as quieter threshold, better GB, resulting in slightly increased depth.
      The shield allows you to increase the Rx gain by a notch or two without compromising the threshold. Use Inverted Response when hunting for big deep nuggets. 
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MAGNETIC-INTERFERENCE-REDUCER-SHIELD-FOR-MINELAB-GOLD-DETECTORS/232594646908?hash=item3627b8a77c:g:8lEAAOSwYGFU0bvu
      I noticed it on Ebay today while I was looking for a cover for my GPX.
      I have noticed I've been able to quieten down my GPX by opening the control box up and scraping some paint away where the shielding touches the casing, on one end they had scraped away paint from one screw point during production, and the other end had no paint scraped away at all by the factory so it's sheilding was basically useless.  By scraping paint away from a few areas on each end of the detector I was able to give the GPX a bit of a noticable quieten down.  I am sure on later models Minelab would of scraped away more paint but as mine is a very early model made in Australia version this wasn't done.

• By oldmancoyote1
      Hi Steve:
      Just re-read your "Steve's Guide to Threshold, Autotune..."  It helped a lot.  Thanks.  
      I do have a question though.  I understand V/SAT.  It's about how fast autotune re-adjusts the threshold after encountering some disturbance like a target.  However, I'm unclear on how that relates to Ground Balancing and Tracking.  It sounds like they are the same.  Would you please explain that?
      Thanks
    • By wanderer
      What are some of the least expensive pi machines? Can used ones be found?
    • By vive equinox
      Hello , 
      It would be great if the youtubers like calabash and others  who have lot of followers make a video of that to share at maximum .
      - Take 12-15 differents coins of your country ( the coins you use all the day ) 
      -Make a pile (heap ?) with that coins ,like a little tower 
      -Keep this pile beetween your thumb and other finger .
      -Swing that in front of the coil , at 3-4 inches , the side of the coins ! 
      -Now try that with all the detect mode , not need to change factory presets ( maybe only the accept to 0,1,2 in field 2 ) , you are free to try differents settings later .
      -The only and important setting for the moment is to change frequency , try 5,10,15,20,40 and multi in each detect mode . Of course multi in the two beach and 20,40,mutli in gold .
      What is happening ?
      I know the results , but i want to know the result of the coins of USA,England, australia ,canada .... So please share your results in comments or video
      Make that with different detectors , if you have impact or deus or other who have various frequency , try to switch all frequency . 
      You can try that with HF white coil if you have , but ....

The conclusion is multi IQ obsolete the others single freq .   It is more or less to say what calabash said in his video .

We can debate of that .
    • Guest Paul (Ca)
      By Guest Paul (Ca)
      Squeezed in a few hours this afternoon to complete a neat Pi project, the Pistol Probe. 

Also want to take the time to thank Gary Storm of Detector Pro for creating the Pistol Probe, Thank you Gary the pistol probe is one powerful pi. 

And Finnfoto for encouraging me to finish the neat gadget, thanks finnfoto! 

Well, Here it is the Pistol Probe converted into a pi detector. Yet, Retains the probe usage with adding back the Probe portion.... Was trying to retain the cool Pistol Probe appearance yet be able to shorten it up a little, hacked off the original Probe portion and added a connector. Using a Uniprobe probe stem allowed the project to work, just remove the Probe and connect the 10" 15us pi coil for pi detection.

Was comparing this project with my HH Pi, both air tested the same and with the GrayGhost headset audio bangs out loud and clear. Only portion I hated was using an 1/8" headphone plug, had too no room for a regular size plug. None the less it may be the perfect solution, small yet effective allowing the GrayGhost headset to plug in. 

Three ways to use this, mounted on the S-handle, or hip mount inside a pouch or auctally it's small enough to fasten to the outer headset band if one wants to wade deep in water. 

Tomorrow, Sometime in the afternoon will hit a dry river bed. Should do well since both the Pistol Probe and HH Pi share the same 15us circuitry. 

Could have chopped it up into a smaller version, but that would destroy the neat Pistol Probe appearance. This was important, Maintain the neat stock appearance. 

I'll share tomorrows finds, thanks for taking a peek. 

Paul