One Additional Step...for Me

GBing is just part of the process for me as well. If the ground is too trashy and I can't find a clean spot to GB I just put it in tracking and let the machine figure it out. It seems to settle down after a short period and all is good.

Dean

• Like 1

On May 14, 2018 at 7:33 PM, bado1 said:

GBing is just part of the process for me as well. If the ground is too trashy and I can't find a clean spot to GB I just put it in tracking and let the machine figure it out. It seems to settle down after a short period and all is good.

Dean

I have not tried tracking yet...I find myself auto ground balancing often which seems to make the machine run more stable. Yesterday I was hunting a beach for a couple hours here in the Delta...full of black sand..I could not get the machine to GB at all. Still found lots of targets  as there was lots of erosion present. Small coil needed please Minelab!

strick 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, strick said:

I have not tried tracking yet...I find myself auto ground balancing often which seems to make the machine run more stable. Yesterday I was hunting a beach for a couple hours here in the Delta...full of black sand..I could not get the machine to GB at all. Still found lots of targets  as there was lots of erosion present. Small coil needed please Minelab!

strick 

Manual says to try sweeping vice pumping if you can't get a sat GB pumping.  That situa tion seems like a good opportunity to use tracking.  GL HH

Thanks Chase I forgot about that advice in the manual... l  will try it later this week when I get back there....and tracking also..

Strick