Good hunt with a great result.

Lots of good karma to you for tracking him down and returning it. ?

Nice digs there for sure. I am now educated..I'd never heard of Lustrium! Interesting! Well done on the return!!

HH

Sillllvar

Nice ring . It seems you can only buy a Lustrium ring from a company called Jostens . Its a mix of Chromium and Nickel . Thats what i think it said on their site.

Got to give the ring to the mother of the person, today. She will send it off shortly. She said her son was not expecting to ever see it again and the fact that it was found completely blew him away. Fun to return it and see his mom's face.

IMG_20180519_154307.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Class Ring Goes Home

WOW!  Cool story, great digs!

Steve

That's admirable of you and will only send good karma your way.....

Very nice of you to return it.  On my very first outing with my 800 I found a 14.6g 10k Gardner Webb University class ring at my son's soccer field.  It was the third target dug and rang up 20-21.  With the help of google I found the owner and he worked at the community college next to the soccer field.  I returned it to him the following week at the same soccer field and then dug a nice silver pendant.  BTW, do you always dig 3-4's?  I hardly ever dig #'s that low as they're usually foil gum wrappers or very small pieces of can slaw.  

2 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Very nice of you to return it.  On my very first outing with my 800 I found a 14.6g 10k Gardner Webb University class ring at my son's soccer field.  It was the third target dug and rang up 20-21.  With the help of google I found the owner and he worked at the community college next to the soccer field.  I returned it to him the following week at the same soccer field and then dug a nice silver pendant.  BTW, do you always dig 3-4's?  I hardly ever dig #'s that low as they're usually foil gum wrappers or very small pieces of can slaw.  

I pass many signals in that number range because they are not very robust and lack the "full" sound of a quality target. I'm sure I have passed up gold rings, but I have been listening for strong sounds down in that number range just for that reason. This ring gave a "dig me" sound vs. the other junk that lives in the lower numbers. I have found close to a dozen men's gold rings, but not a women's ring with stone. Hence, I've really been focusing on those lower numbers to check that off the bucket list.