Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Cal_Cobra
      Introducing the worlds first Equinox, the Equinox 100 was shown at the West Coast Computer Faire c. 1977. 
       Wow this things been in development for like 40 years!

• By jasong
      So most of us have read about how during the war gold mining was not allowed since we needed to concentrate all our mining resources on useful industrial materials that could applied towards the war effort (iron, vanadium, uranium, tungsten, etc).

But after visiting a number of old abandoned mines that ran during the war years I'm left wondering if some of these mines were actually still going after gold and reporting some minor tertiary commodity as their official "product" instead like iron.

Has anyone ever run into the same feeling at certain mines? Is there there any documentation showing that this happened? I'm guessing no since it would have been illegal at the time, but I'm just curious. Were any mines ever caught mining gold when they should have been mining something else? Are there records from whatever dept monitored mines back then to make sure the miners were not going after gold?
    • By Ridge Runner
      All the treasure mags this time is in the early 70’s.

• By mn90403
      Many people think that gold was discovered at Sutter's Mill in January of 1848 but it was actually discovered on March 9, 1842 in Southern California.  That is the official 'story' here:

http://www.hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-latest-news/in-history-placerita-canyon-celebrates-176th-anniversary-of-the-oak-of-the-golden-dream-224619 
      Mitchel
    • By Ridge Runner
      Takes from the 80’s magazines of Treasure Hunting and their toys.
      A friend gave me the mags but I have some that date back to the 70’s
      Maybe some would make a good prize . What do you think?
      Chuck
    • By Sourdough Scott
      How many of you got a Antique Blasting Box for Christmas. A close friend of mine gifted me this. Too cool. Boom.