Minelab Equinox 600 Armrest Strap Too Short

I got my new equinox 600 in and noticed the armrest strap is too short to make it back to the velcro.   Basically it hits the velcro but only maybe a 1/2 inch.  Anyone else with this issue and what did you do?  

Did you slide the one end of the velcro through the arm cuff till it hit the stop on the velcro

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, pspears said:

I got my new equinox 600 in and noticed the armrest strap is too short to make it back to the velcro.   Basically it hits the velcro but only maybe a 1/2 inch.  Anyone else with this issue and what did you do?  

I am much like yourself the arm cuff strap is too short with my arm in to latch onto the velcro strip, I found an answer which suited a fit to my large muscle bound arms and that is to thread the cuff strap from one side of the arm rest cup across to  the cuff strap slot on the opposite side but instead of folding the strap over to meet the velcro just use a small brass or stainless steel screw and thread it in between the small opened side of the hem of the strap end and you will find that the strap will not pull back through the arm cup strap slot.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Norm S said:

Did you slide the one end of the velcro through the arm cuff till it hit the stop on the velcro

Yes it is inserted correctly. Also I reached out to minelab and they confirmed it was not a defect and do not have any longer.  I guess I can modify this one with some sewing.

5 hours ago, Randy Dee said:

I am much like yourself the arm cuff strap is too short with my arm in to latch onto the velcro strip, I found an answer which suited a fit to my large muscle bound arms and that is to thread the cuff strap from one side of the arm rest cup across to  the cuff strap slot on the opposite side but instead of folding the strap over to meet the velcro just use a small brass or stainless steel screw and thread it in between the small opened side of the hem of the strap end and you will find that the strap will not pull back through the arm cup strap slot.

I believe I can just extend the soft side of the velcro a few inches and should be fine.  Minelab confirmed I got the correct length but they don't have another length available.  Thanks guys for your thoughts.

• Like 1