My First Metal Detector... Good Day For Me

It's an amazing detector when you get the hang of it. Here is a photo of 57 small ones detected in a day.

Wow I didn't realize it was that sensitive to gold that small... Looks like I got a lot of learning to do... I've put at least 30hrs on this machine in 5 days and although its getting easier its getting challenging and that's the part I'm loving... Nice gold by the way...

I wanna thank everyone for the advice...it helped out a lot and the machine seems alittle less frustrating.....unfortunately I have no new pieces to show but have decide on the 6.5" coil.... Will update in the near future

The gold bug 2 is teaching me a lot about metal detecting...mostly about digging...been doing a lot of that...but having so much fun... Been going to old hydraulic mining sites and the history I see and dig is amazing to me...boot tacks..old tobacco containers...old mining equipt...etc etc.. Mostly etc...lol ...thnx

The gold bug 2 is teaching me a lot about metal detecting...mostly about digging...been doing a lot of that...but having so much fun... Been going to old hydraulic mining sites and the history I see and dig is amazing to me...boot tacks..old tobacco containers...old mining equipt...etc etc.. Mostly etc...lol ...thnx

I you're finding lots of trash, it tells me that not many detectors have been in the area, so keep beeping, after you get most of the trash out of the way is when you could start finding nuggets that were hidden/masked by the trash.

Don't hesitate to going back over ground that you have already detected especially if you do so perpendicular to the direction you detected it before, many nuggets have been found by doing this, this is especially applies in areas where you have found nuggets. 

• Like 1