Field Hunt With The Nox

With my previous detectors, the last few hunts here were anything but productive yielding no more than 2 to 3 non-ferrous targets.  Despite a knee high Rye cover crop that I was not expecting, I was able to make a few finds from this heavily worked old home site. It was a quick hunt of only and hour or so due to the cover (I'll be back) but the Nox and I were able to come up with 7 non-ferrous including a 1895 IH penny.   The button came up first and only 20' into the field from where I always park.  This entire area leading into where the old home sat in the field has been gridded with every detector I have had in the last 12 years.  Toward the end of the hunt I head off to the side a bit where numerous IH pennys were found in the past and the Nox did not disappoint.  With a full walk around signal bouncing from 17 to as high as 21 depending on angle of approach and centered, out one popped from only 2-3" deep.  The Racer 2 did well in this spot and all those finds were shallow as well.

IMG_20180523_060452659.thumb.jpg.0366387b3753ececcda95a11d4c1f4db.jpgIH

The 800 handled the iron here exceedingly well. Field 2 Sensitivity 20-21, Auto GB, recovery 5-7 depending on the iron and IB 0-1.

IMG_20180523_060518580.thumb.jpg.97c1ba1616f3973c0cd59481702ac1af.jpg

• Like 7

Amazingly I'm impressed just about every time I hunt with mine.  Nice finds to say the least.

• Thanks 1

Nice hunt Tom. I've hunted there too with Tom. Good to see another IH. Wonder how we didn't get that one.

Rick

I have to say that I was pretty much ready to give up land hunting and go water hunting only.  Hours and hours with meager finds can get discouraging.  Permission is harder to get with land being bought up by non locals.  Not like the old days at all.  Hopefully the Nox will bring at least a little life back in some of these spots and I'm really looking forward to water hunting this summer.  The lakes are heating up fast and tourist season is just around the corner.  ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Nice hunt Tom. I've hunted there too with Tom. Good to see another IH. Wonder how we didn't get that one.

Rick

Rick

This site needs to be turned over by a plow.  While talking with 2 of the younger men in the family the other day (5 generation farm) they said that they probably don't even have any plows around anymore!