Sure isn't much to read about the new machine in the hands of the new owners! Even the testers of the unit haven't had comparison videos on found targets with the GPX 5000, SDC 2300 vs GPZ 7000! What's up with that? Help me justify spending my beer money, Minelab!

LuckyLundy

Wanting is all the "justify" you need Lucky, on the other hand you already have a 5000 and 2300 that is more than a 7000 by 300...and you are, after all LUCKY!

I guess the units are now being shipped to USA buyers and dealers so the praise and unpraise should start here very soon.

fred

There is a very serious case to be made that a SDC 2300 and GPX 5000 together with a range of accessory coils for the GPX represents a viable and perhaps preferable alternative to the GPZ 7000. There is as of yet no single detector solution that solves all situations that a person might encounter.

• Like 1

Even the testers of the unit haven't had comparison videos on found targets with the GPX 5000, SDC 2300 vs GPZ 7000!

All I can say is for me, if you put a detector in my hands, and then tell me it goes deeper than other detectors, I want to use it to find gold. I don't want to make videos, do tests, comparisons, etc. - I want to dig gold! So I went out with the GPZ and I did find gold with it and I was impressed.

Rick - Here is my suggestion: Lets get together in the not-too-distant future, and I'll loan you my 7000 for a while and you can do all the tests you would like or you can just go find gold with it - its up to you and you can form your own opinions. Sound reasonable?

Steve & Chris,

We've shared a few campfires in the goldfield with each other! I have made a few videos and I'd be more than happy to make a few for Minelab after they send me a free GPZ. Me and my group all want this machine in our own hands pronto! Is the cost of it to much, not really! It's like the hype for this machine was pretty extreme, then some people go to the movie before you...it's like where has all the excitement gone too! Now I'm out swinging a Minelab detector 4 days a week and I hardly post all my finds. I just want to see the movie that I was all excited about. Chris & Steve, Robin & I, would love to hunt with you two again in the very near future. But, we will have a GPZ soon enough. But, I may be to busy to post my results like everyone else! Until the next hunt

LuckyLundy

I'll be around Reno this spring/summer if you want someone to film and edit vids. In exchange for letting me take the 7k for a spin every now and then.  :D

You gotta hand it to the guys that take the time to shoot those videos we look at. I've had a Go Pro for almost two years now and barely ever use it...but it was a great Birthday present! And Steve what you lack in Cinematography you make up by writing a lot.  :D

strick