Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Herschbach

87 Ounce Gold Nugget Found In Victoria, Australia

4 posts in this topic

The following is a press release issued by Minelab:

Lisle, Ill., March 2, 2015 – Minelab, the world leader in providing metal detecting technologies for consumer, humanitarian demining and military needs, today announced that Australian gold prospector Michael Brown has uncovered an astonishing 87-ounce solid gold nugget during a prospecting expedition in Inglewood, a town located in the state of Victoria, Australia. Discovered in six inches of ground with a state-of-the-art Minelab detector, Brown’s find is estimated to be worth over $130,000 AUD based on Australia’s current gold price per ounce.

“I’m still in absolute shock about finding a gold nugget of this magnitude! As a professional gold prospector, this find is a monumental accomplishment in my career,” said Brown. “I’ve been using Minelab detectors for years and the investment has more than paid off.”

“We build our products with the goal of changing people’s fortunes,” said Gary Schafer, General Manager of Worldwide Consumer Markets at Minelab. “We are so pleased that our detector was an essential part of Michael’s incredible find.”

Minelab is an Australian-built business based in Torrensville, South Australia, with regional headquarters in Cork, Ireland, and Chicago, U.S., specializing in advanced electronic technologies since 1985. To learn more about Minelab, visit minelab.com

post-1-0-84532000-1425362222_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-60902300-1425362233_thumb.jpg

Amazing gold.  What's more amazing is that at 6" it went unfound until now.

Just goes to show. Half the battle is getting the coil over it.Don't need a xtra 40% to find these lumps.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Aussie
      For those interested in checking out the Worlds Largest Nugget follow this..
      http://raregoldnuggets.com/blog/?p=377
    • By tboykin
      Customer sent these pics of a once-in-a-lifetime find. This is a dream for many coin hunters on the East Coast of the U.S.

• By goldgettergregg
      http://www.kalminer.com.au/?news/australia/veteran-prospector-syd-pearson-tells-of-the-moment-he-found-a-43kg-gold-nugget-ng-b88491237z
    • By brogansown
      My brother and I didn't find any nuggets on Monday last, but he did find this two sided crevicing tool to add to the collection.  We are going again today and hope to get a few pieces.
    • By Steve Herschbach

"The largest hoard of gold sovereigns in Britain, found hidden in an old piano, has been declared treasure. The discovery was made in Shropshire before Christmas when the piano's new owners had it retuned and repaired. Shrewsbury Coroner's Court decided the find qualified as treasure, which means ownership now lies with the Crown. It will be offered for sale to museums. The tuner who found the hoard and Bishops Castle Community College, which owns the piano, will share a reward."
      Complete story and photos here
    • By Reno Chris
      So while lots of folks were able to make the Las Vegas GPAA gold show that concluded Sunday afternoon, many could not make it. This year the GPAA has experimented with a couple things including a live broadcast of interviews with various dealers and other folks. Some of it is pretty good, while other parts are so-so, but its easy enough to fast forward through parts you dont care about. There are a lot of interesting people at these shows and they got some very interesting and entertaining interviews. There are interviews with Bill Southern, the Pomrenke boys from Bearing Sea Gold, Shannon Poe from AMRA, Debbie Smikoski from Minelab (who talks about the GM 1000 with Kevin), Dave Variboff from Goldbay (who sells millions worth of gold specimens) and lots of other folks in the mining and prospecting business. On the second day, because they were running out of good people to interview, they even interviewed me. There is a lot of good information here and it is all saved, but the way facebook archives this stuff, its not that easy to find.
      So here is how you can find it if you want to look in -
      Go to:
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/GoldProspectors/videos/?ref=page_internal
      The videos are not fully labeled, but if you hover over them with your cursor and look at the length, the one that is 1:25:17 long is the one with me in it, I appear at the 45 minute mark, Debbie Smikoski from Minelab follows me at the 1:07:39 mark. A lot of the time before me on the video is Shannon Poe from American Mining Rights Assn. (AMRA). Other folks like Bill southern, Dave Variboff and others are all on the other videos from this weekend. Its worth checking out - its not all 5 star entertainment and information, but there is some really good stuff there.