Where To Buy A Detector?

Hi folks,

In the way of back ground I've been prospecting since 2010. Sluiced for years till I got a highbanker, which is what I do now. I work claims on the N. F. Yuba River. I've worked the Bear River, American Rivers, mostly, now mainly the Yuba. I've had the CTX3030 for a year but it won't find gold where I go, just nails: it's nails or nothing you hear out there. (I have a great collection of square nails!)  BTW, I didn't buy it to find gold, was just hopin' it might work, but mainly it was to find coins when I'm not in Gold Country. A day with a highbanker is guaranteed gold but the new tech of the GPZ piques my interest so I'm going to lay my money down. It will be my first gold detector.

Well,  I've lurked a bit and now have a (stupid?)  question: Should I buy a detector from a dealer or from the manufacturer? I'm looking to buy a couple of detectors: the GPZ and GMT (one for myself, the other a gift). Is there any difference in price, or how fast they handle your order? I presently own a CTX3030 which I bought from Kellyco, after purchase I saw dealers offering free shipping etc.

Nice to meet ya,

Yukon Jack

Thanks, Steve. I told you it was a stupid question. Minelab site, White's site both have shopping carts?

Been told by people that you can go to the White's Factory in Sweet Home, OR., and buy a detector there. You will pay retail, no discounts. Told that they did not want to compete with their dealers, that's a good thing! Good luck with your purchase.

Keith

Blue Bucket Metal Detectors

Thanks, Keith. Yeah, I'm still a little fuzzy on this as I bought my highbanker direct from Keene.

Oops, you caught me out being wrong! White and Minelab do indeed both have online "full pop" shopping carts. I actually knew about but also forgot about that. I can't think of any good reason to buy direct from them but it is an option I suppose. I edited my original response. Thanks!

No prob, Steve, at least I'm not going crazy. I really don't see any difference in dealers as the GMT is $729.00 everywhere (which is probably the MAP). I can't find any package deals.

Never heerd a no beanford, Sourdough, ya stumped me there. Are the White's new or used? Plus I want accessories like an extra coil. And warranties are important too.

Thanks, Steve. I got a couple of leads.