What Detector Or Detectors Will You Use Most This Year?

GPZ 7000 with the GPX5000 as back-up, maybe purchase a SDC2300 if I have a good run.

2300, and maybe a Makro Gold racer ,,,,i wonder when they will hit???----

i am thinking seriously about a deepseeker atx package--

but most of all i am waiting for Steve to finish up the ATX Franken detector ----I wanna be a Jr field tester with it---I know you don't have time for it too Steve...

7000 ?????? --------only when i see what the other coils are going to cost.... and besides that,,, i will be high banking when i get bored ..so i can get my color fix,,,,,,,

CTX 3030, GPZ 7000, GPX 5000

Hi Steve/All

My name is Gerrit and live in the Netherlands.

Late 80 started prospecting the Swiss mountains with pan, sluis and shovel, later on, build a 5 inch dredge

and played around with it in a swiss creek for fine gold.

In 95 had a try in the yucon on the steward river with our own claimes, great adventure, butt not having big equipment killed this project lol 

Sinds then, waterhunting in a drysuit is my thing, for this I use a excalibur 2 and a at pro with 3 coils.

For the roman and celtic fields for the moment I use the deeptech vista gold with 3 coils, mostly with the small eliptical because off the gigantic iron content.

Had a gpx 4000 with 4 coils for a while, specialy for hoart sites, never had any luck with it.

Used many detectors like many minelabs, ex 2 se etrek and many moore, even have a goldbug 1 with 2 coils somewhere in the house.

Steve, congrats whit your great and honest site.

Regarts from Holland

Gerrit 

• Like 1

I will be using my 'new-to-me' (10 mos. old)  ATX with stock coil for nugget shooting both on land and in water on exposed bedrock. I would buy and use the 5"X10" DD Infinium coil for my ATX for land use to lighten the package, but not sure if it can be submerged underwater since Garrett has a notice about it "not being suitable for underwater use" on their web page. Maybe I could completely coat (or dunk) it with a product called "Plasti-Dip" to make it waterproof (?) I don't intend to scuba with it, just use it underwater a couple of feet in a creek while keeping the ATX control box above water.

As well will probably take my fantastic vintage GB2 out to get the 'crumbs' the ATX misses. Ground here is moderately mineralized, with a few minor areas that are hot.

Beav

Forget the 5"x10"Infinium DD coil on the ATX, yea it works, but the 8" mono goes way deeper and is more sensitive. Don't waist yout time...

I'll be using the ATX and the SDC 2300 most of the time. I have not used a VLF in quite awhile.

• Like 1

Well I sold the sdc 2300, sold my dredge. I still have my gpx 5000 with all of my coils.I have the Deus. 

Was planning on getting the gpz 7000. But the jury is still out on that. It is still early in the game for me to decide to make a run for it or not. I've always been 2-3 years behind on detector technology. 

From everything I have absorbed into my thick noggin, the 7000 is a superior machine to the 5000.

But is it almost twice as much money better? I think that is for you to decide.

So if I decide to... Well I'm go have eat my spinach, drink my ovaltine ,  and  whole heartedly jump into it with both feet. 

Have no looking back and no regrets. No woulda, coulda, shoulda!!!! 

• Like 1