What Detector Or Detectors Will You Use Most This Year?

I'm going to stick with my 20 yr old vlf technology. In my opinion the skunk beating capability's of a gold bug 2 are unmatched. Photo is most not all of my 2015 gold. I think it's about 6 weekends worth.

Boulder Dash you've done very well with the gold bug II, congrats... My good friend and hunting partner who recently lost his battle with lung cancer used a gold bug II for many many years, he found thousands of nuggets and specimens with it. With all of the gold he found he never found a solid nugget over an ounce. He knew he was missing the bigger deeper gold but just couldn't handle the weight of the Minelab because of his age and his heath.

I've found several nuggets over an ounce including a 6 ouncer with Minelab PI's in the very same ground hammered by gold bugs and goldmasters. In another case I was hunting with Rob A. the day he found his big 9 ouncer in ground that was pounded with the best VLF's out there. IMO the VLF's are better suited to tailing piles and specimen gold, flake gold, wire gold, or sponge gold, invisible to the older minelab pi's... now that has all changed with the GPZ 7000, that's what I'll be swinging this year.

For gold I plan on using a GMT and a GB2 both with small coils, may even buy the SDC 2300.The TDI SL and 12 inch coil will be used for deeper targets. For coins I use the MXT and 10 inch coil and shallow diving the AT PRO. I can't swim so no need for detectors that will work in deeper water.

Steve

Reading this thread, think it might be time I added a vlf for those trash areas I`ve always avoided, and perhaps one of those industrial magnetic brooms to pick up the surface iron. Anyone had a go with one?

Good idea on the magnetic rake.

This year I will be primarily using my new SDC that shipped today and my GB Pro for the trashy spots. I have a few 3 nighters planned for this summer and hope to get some pocket gold also. I'll mostly be learning the SDC and hitting all the spots i've wanted to dive with a detector for years along with covering old ground to see if the SDC finds anything else.

My detecting partner and I have both upgraded to the 7000 each and we still have a 5000 and a 2300 and a 705 for trashy areas. we have found enough already to cover the cost of one 7000 and now that some information on how to get the best out of this new technology is coming through we are looking at a very good year. I am sorry if I cant help with any settings yet as so far with our areas being so different we are finding that the settings are not consistent and something as simple as the new ground balance technique will mean we can most likely go back over the same ground and run it even hotter.

• Like 1

my trusty ol gp 3500,unless I sell my jayco swan then it will be the mighty Zed .