Metal Detector Theft

Guys, guys, guys ... you don't get robbed in the gold fields or shot. When was the last time you heard of that? (It happens and we can make a thread if you know of it.)

Where you get robbed is in the city. That is where they keep the thieves. Where you get robbed is in your home and on the streets if you leave something in your car.

Most of these thieves don't have enough people to rob out in a desert. They want someone close to where they live.

Sometimes I take some of my gold finds with me to show and people say 'Aren't you afraid someone will take them?' Most 'miners' won't steal it.

I think it is often times safer with me than left at home when no one is there!

Get the insurance you think you need and where you need it.

While this is true for living in the city, I know alot of people that have had items stolen in the field. Just because someone is out prospecting, does not make them honest. I run a gun store also, and you would be amazed at the amount of people that have their vehicles and or campsite robbed while they are out.

I hear it from prospectors also. Do not let your guard down out there. Its very easy for someone to sit by and watch you walk away from your items, knowing you will be gone awhile. It happens everyday.

And now with the high cost of some of our detectors, alot of people may or may not know the difference between a gold bug and a GPX or GPZ. To them its just a quick buck. Lets just say people do bad things for items worth alot less. Be Careful out there, unless you personally know them very well, be wary of everybody.

Welp, I feel safer in the middle o' nowhere cuz aint no one there compared to a city. But every now an then 1 in a 1000 people off road is a thief or worse. Just keep your wits about ya and you'll be fine. Been wandering the deep desert and forests fer decades and met a lot of good folks and spent many weeks without seeing another soul. 

• Like 1