My Eureka Moment - The Rest Of The Story

What a gripping read Steve :) . I can"t get over how different your Gold looks in that location. I've never found Gold like that  in lower Eastern Australia although I have seen just the one 10 gram piece from further north that looks similar

ad...

Nice story Steve. Looks like the GPZ is the detector to have no matter what type of gold it's swung over.

Steve, you really should supply bibs for all who read and drool over your experiences! Actually a mop for the floor should come with this story and pictures. What a great read.

Now, how do you think your ATX would have handled this area?

Thanks,

Paul in Spokane

Hi Paul,

I can do no more than guess how the ATX would have done. It may have snagged a couple pieces, I just do not know. I really like my ATX but it is not a GPZ, nor should one expect it to be for one fifth the price. Still, when I have a huge area to cover I will be counting on the ATX with 20" mono to provide me with the ground coverage the GPZ currently lacks.

OK, you should like this. Close up pictures of three of my GPZ specimens after final cleaning to remove iron staining (compare to group 0.85 shot in original post).

More information on the GPX vs GPZ on this gold at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/738-informal-testing-of-the-gpz-vs-the-5000-on-mossy-wiry-gold/

post-1-0-45548500-1426019866.jpg

post-1-0-87725800-1426114748_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-19180700-1426114750_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-67097800-1426114751_thumb.jpg

• Like 1