I have to ask if any of these boots, besides Bates, suffer from the sole of the shoe coming unglued from the toe of the shoe over time and when exposed to campfires and repeated scuffing.  Bate boots fall apart in a couple of months of heavy use/camping so I'm looking for

something that will put up with my conditions.  I'm of the thought to just have a shoe store sew the sole to the boot as I've been rather

frustrated with boots falling apart.

I have to ask if any of these boots, besides Bates, suffer from the sole of the shoe coming unglued from the toe of the shoe over time and when exposed to campfires and repeated scuffing.  Bate boots fall apart in a couple of months of heavy use/camping so I'm looking for

something that will put up with my conditions.  I'm of the thought to just have a shoe store sew the sole to the boot as I've been rather

frustrated with boots falling apart.

Look at the Reebok fusion max boot, it has the sole is stitched all the way round.

My faverout though are the stealth model Reebok.

Read my previous post.

I have always wore out the tread on the Reebok's before they disintegrated.

But because I average 12.5km per day and the terrain is very rugged no boot has lasted longer than 3 months.

The best boots i have ever used are the garmont combat boots but they have metal eyelets.

And a close second are the latest nike sfb but they also have metal eyelets.

I remove the metal eyelets and replace them with plastic.

I will be using the Nike's with the eyelets removed this year after my Reebok's wear out, the tread pattern on the Nike's is the best I have used.

• Like 2

Look at the Reebok fusion max boot, it has the sole is stitched all the way round.

I'm thinking that will be my next boot. One of my Rockports is starting to split on the side of the sole from using it to scrape away the soil when detecting. I don't want anything anymore with a sole that is glued or has a seam. The one piece stitched sole on the Reeboks looks to be a winner.

Much appreciated I'll look into that Gold hound :)

Last go down under I had the first set of Bates separated and I gorilla glued them and ordered another set, that set to separated.  I got by on glue, and re-gluing till the end of the trip but what a pain.

No worries guys happy to help.

I go through 4 pairs of boots a year minimum, thats why I've pretty much tried them all.

I am still searching for the perfect boot!

• 3 months later...

I know this is an older thread but summer is here in AK and I have been doing some detecting. The reebok boots are metal free and as per my previous post they have taken a beating. I am still wearing them.

• Like 1

I have a pair of Bates and the sun cooks my toes...been looking for a good hiking boot but nothing I found is comfortable cause of my flinstone wide feet...bought a pair of RG tactical boots and they are real comfortable but left them on the porch and the Cali sun melted the inside and I can't even get my foot in them... UGGGGHHHH!!!!!! I like the ease of the side zipper... Steve wear them boots and please gimme some feedback...

• 2 years later...

I just bought my second pair of these!  This time they are the desert color but they have black.  NO METAL and it keeps out the twigs and cactus.

2595973011._CB308835147_SR120,50_.jpg

Magnum Men's Stealth Force 8.0 Boot

Magnum Men's Stealth Force 8.0 Boot,Desert Tan,14 M US
  • Like 1