The Subject Of The GPZ 7000

JP, Thank you so much for your friendship and for sharing whatever you are able here as time allows. The depth of your knowledge on this subject is without equal and it is greatly appreciated. People who question your honesty and integrity simply do not know you and do you a great injustice. They are not welcome here. You said it best, this is the forum to "help the genuine people who I really care about and want to do right by."

Thank you again.

• Like 3

The sheer stupidity and overblown egos continue to amaze me.  Every time Minelab comes out with a new machine, the same tired blathering of armchair prospectors find their audience.  "Minelab are money grubbing whores, JP and the product testers who share their knowledge and experience are on the Minelab tit, my other detector can do all that and more, blah blah blah."  Heard it all before.

JP takes so much of this crap, and all of us benefit from his willingness to step into the fray and provide hands on knowledge and experience.  I remember the old Finders Forum, good lord you would have thought that JP was the anti-christ.

There is a reason that Minelab relies on JP to do the beta testing.  He's out there day in and day out, every year.  While it is unlikely that JP gets a commission on detector sales, he well deserves one.   Not many people can say they have earned a living, kept a family clothed and educated, all from gold prospecting. He's also helped me and hundreds of others with his timely advice and guidance.

We need a category of "JP says..." so that we can skip to the important stuff and bypass the thoughtless drivel. 

To all the GPZ haters.  "DON'T BUY IT" and tell your story walking down the road. 

Steve has done a great job at keeping this forum on the track of a thoughtful and meaningful exchange of ideas.  People should be free to express criticism and opinion, but do it nicely.  As Pink Floyd says: "I mean good manners don't cost nothin do they, eh" (Us and Them)

• Like 5

JP, you have thanked the folks at ML for their long efforts in bringing this detector to the market and indeed that is appropriate. However my friend, I would like to thank you for your very important part in making this complex new technology practical and easy to use for the every day prospector. It is no small effort and your voice is a most important one in the product development process. It is because of your passion for the best which can be achieved that there is within each ML detector a little bit of your good self intertwined and woven in.

Thanks for doing all you do.

• Like 2

Jonathan Porter doing one of the things he does best;

speaking with clarity and knowledge about a new step in detector technology.

Another example of why he is admired by so many prospectors worldwide.

Thanks for taking the time to help JP.

• Like 2

Well said Jp, don't worry about the spice girls on the Aussie forums , crying all day about the GPZ its this its that and most don't have one or even have the money to get a gpx5000 let alone a gpz . Just b4 the gpz was out all the 4500 users where bagging the 5000 now the 5000 is the best detector and they still have a 4500 haha bloody dreamers good luck on the gold with the turbo power GPZ :)