ZEDHEAD

Lunk

Lunk, I also just got off the phone with Gerry and we discussed your finds in NV. Great gold Lunk. Maybe we can meet up later to find some of that beautiful chevron gold with the GPZ!  :minelab:

Bill

Lunk,

Good job.  You were one of the ones I was waiting to see post.

Thanks.

Mitchel

Hey guys, here is another 10 grams of golden zedness from the past few days on the old patches. Good luck out there!

post-401-0-51955800-1427079294_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hey Lunk,

Congrats on the finds. Sure wish I could be there with you guys. Some day I hope to retire and get to play. :wub::minelab:

Thanks Rob, sounds like your doing alright with the Zed in AZ during your spare time too, but I'll try to miss a few nuggets just in case you make it up this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Six more grams of the good stuff recently, unearthed by the mighty Zed...the old patches are getting thin, time to go for a walkabout!post-401-0-25476100-1427845794_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I decided to take the mighty Zed into an old patch where I haven't been able to scare up even a crumb for the last few years. Some large deep nuggets were originally found there, so I thought I'd try it in the General gold mode and Normal ground type settings. With the sensitivity at 10 there were a few ground noises, but nothing too bad. The first pass through the patch yielded the same results as before...nothing. So then I went over the same ground again, but this time I shifted the Zed into hyperdrive by switching to the High Yield gold mode, and suddenly that elusive gold that I knew was there lit up like the Fourth of July! It was literally like a new patch with several nuggets within a ten foot stretch in one area, or two nuggets in one hole in another. Nothing real big was found, but everything was at depth. The one that really blew me away was a thin four-tenths of a gram nugget at a measured twelve inches that sounded great on top. Though the sensitivity had to be cut back to 8 because of ground noise, the amount of performance was staggering; a fat half ounce between 13 nuggets in just a couple hours, all on a patch that had no gold left...I'll definitely have to go back and grid the entire patch now!

post-401-0-73838100-1428123310_thumb.jpg

post-401-0-70311300-1428123373_thumb.jpg

• Like 8