Any Us Dealers Carrying Screen Shades Or Covers For The 7000?

jasong

I see some being made in AUS but is anyone making or selling them here?  Minelab - these should be standard OEM issue with the 7000. Especially considering the plastic body scratches easy and the screen is now the main control unit and its very difficult to read in the sun.

What I'm looking for is a shade, like come with mini LCD monitors such as this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/311285715900?lpid=82&chn=ps

Even with the backlight it's hard for me to see the screen easily. Something like this would work well.

Rob mentioned he was bringing some in, just not sure what they will cover and look like. The Aussies products seem to do a better job of protecting everything which is important to me to protect my new investment! Jason, I'm looking for something also...let me know if you find something. Steve's idea is made in USA and priced reasonably...just needs some mods. :D

Bill 

I'll probably just try to make one based on those pictures. I have no mailing address anymore (back to full time prospecting), that's why I was hoping to find a dealer I could just visit in person.

Hopefully someone in the US decides to make a full cover, that looks a lot more complex, well at least for this guy who's sewing experience is limited to repairing my pants and boots with dental floss.  :D

Business opportunity for some enterprising individual. Something in a light earthy color would be great so it doesn't roast in the sun or stand out like a construction cone. Desert tan, sage green, etc.

I know what you mean about hard to see screens.  I have some Maui Jim sun glasses I found on the beach.  They are great but they make it difficult to see the 5000 control screen and the 3030 screen and other Minelab screens.  It is one of the reasons I like to detect at night.

Well, I was just passing on something I saw posted in CTX land. Do remember CTX accessories exist and may work on GPZ.

As an old Alaskan most of my ideas involve old cardboard and duct tape!

Hay Steve you Alaskan's must be like us ozi bushies!

We have a saying............. "There is nothing that stiky tape cannot fix mate alright".