New Member sayn Hello

Featherdfishead

Hello All,

My Name is Adam Robinson and I live in N.California just below the Oregon border in a beautiful little place named Scott Valley, Siskiyou County. I'm 35 yrs old, have two children and a beautiful wife. I'm a 3rd generation miner and had been detecting with a friends MXT for a few years until i bought myself a Gold Bug Pro last year. I did pretty good last year with my Gb Pro and even better so far this year. Detecting has quickly become my favorite way to prospect and i border on obsession sometimes.

I recently bought a used SDC that i should have by the end of the coming week. It will be my first PI and i look forward to learning a new machine. I mine year round and about half the time in or around water, underwater sniping is one of my favorites as well as trips deep into the wilderness in search of patches untouched by modern electronic prospectors.

Last year was also my first year in my 35 yrs of life i joined an online forum or even frequented one. I have posted some of my finds on Treasure Net this last year and shall do so here also from now on. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge i have found on the solid forums such as this one and the ability for us as miners to share experiences and techniques. I've made afew friends along the way and look forward to making more. if your interested in my recent finds check out Featherdfishead at TNet. Attached is some of last years gold i'm getn red of to pay for my SDC.(not an Ad) Also, Tips and nuances people have found useing the SDC or Minelab detectors in general would be appreciated.

I look forward to sharing my adventures - Happy Hunting!

AjR 

post-661-0-97597900-1426383460_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Sourdough, you must have visited - where ya been? I'm born and raised on the North Fork of the Salmon River and havent had much of a reason to leave the county much. 

Couldnt help but notice you sold your SDC - why?

AjR

• Like 2

I'll do that Scott. You may have met my dad in your time on the river. he's the big county worker with the big beard, his names Jack Robinson been keepn the roads clear 20= yrs now.. My wife just saw peggy afew days back out here in the valley. Dowseing Rods - i've seen them used by the old timers on the river. I'll go with minelab rods myself.

AjR

• Like 2

Hello Adam,

Grew up on the river also.(my father kept the roads cleared for 38 years !).

Nice looking gold.

I hope when you get that SDC, you leave some gold for me. (some have my name on them :)  )

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Adam and congrats on the SDC...you wont regret it. Forks of Salmon....now there's one far away place.  That road from Cecilville used to be something else 30 years ago. I imagine they have  improved it ?

strick

• Like 1

Hi Adam,I also am new to this forum,been looking to find one that does have more talk about dredging and underwater gold recovery next to going out detecting it is my favorite thing to do.

• Like 1