CTX 3030 On Gold Nuggets - Tips On Settings

You can put your patterns here or send it to my email: shelton@wp.pl and I will do it:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/02tctx0vhv9987j/AAAoonBedOhNJzSqOPDNpqZGa?dl=0

And everybody can use it.

OK, here we go. I have activated the forums Downloads area. Look at the menu at the top of the forum, Chose Downloads

post-1-0-01316200-1427229470_thumb.jpg

Chose the CTX Programs category on left

post-1-0-45320700-1427229597_thumb.jpg

Click in Upload File button in upper right

post-1-0-63326900-1427229521_thumb.jpg

You can now upload the file from your computer. The file name is just the name or title you want displayed. You can give a more detailed description. I have uploaded a file already as an example and to test it works. Note:only forum members in good standing can upload and download files. Also, files are held until I scan them for possible virus infections, at which time I will approve them and they will be available for download. This adds a delay and is a bit overkill given the upload limitations built in but adds an extra layer of safety for forum members.

post-1-0-06469000-1427229658_thumb.jpg

Assuming this works well I can add any category of downloads the forum membership wants to have available.

• Thanks 1

Nice. Good job. This forum is really user friendly and human friendly ;)

• Like 1

I added the exchange2 file and added the link to my original post.

• Like 1

Great info, thanks for sharing! I now see why you are successful in chasing the weight, you squeeze every advantage out of your machine that it is capable of producing by thoroughly learning and experimenting with the settings. Most of us never reach this level of expertise with our detectors, the majority of us are "Turn and Go" junkies who never really realise what we are missing.

Many of us are in the same situation with the GPX 5000 and now with the introduction of the ZED are thirsting for some miracle settings that will give us some more depth and sensitivity, pray tell you have some?

Thanks Rege-PA

That's why I tried to explain as best as I could the effect of each setting so you could more easily make an educated decision in YOUR situation.

My gold modes are a good start but you still need to read the ground and apply and modify the right one to optimize for your area.

I know the 5000 and all other Minelab pi's inside out for both gold field in Australia and treasure hunting in Europe, but I have only 6hrs on the Zed due to a badly broken arm, so I'm still in my Zed infancy! 

• Like 2

Dale, thanks so much for sharing your experiences with the CTX  and to freely share your patterns is a tremendous gesture considering the time that has been invested into them.

One of the reasons i purchased the CTX a few years back was to do exactly what you are doing and to use it on trashy area's in the goldfields, i will get the opportunity this year and i cannot thank you enough for giving me a huge leg up on the learning curve.

cheers

Darren

• Like 3

Has anyone downloaded and tried my modes yet?

If so how did you go?

Did they download into the excange2 software ok?

cool

just wasn't sure if it worked as there had been no comment by people who successfully down loaded