CTX 3030 On Gold Nuggets - Tips On Settings

Gold hound

It was excellent separation and yes I had the target trace on using the 17inch coil. The lost ring was found in an area that was a fire pit many years ago so you could imagine all the trash in the area. The 22ct ring was a thick wedding band and rang a solid repeatable 12/27. The 18ct was also a thick wedding band (4.7 grams) , it also was a very strong repeatable signal at 12/23.

I was only using the gone hunting program when coin hunting but now I mainly use yours because

I was missing so many good targets. I got $34 this morning , only two pieces of junk in that hunt . I was expecting another ring !! But as you know a good location makes all the difference.

Thanks again

ps-sorry for posting a pic of coins on your gold forum.

post-698-0-88636700-1429854450_thumb.jpg

post-698-0-95823700-1429854573_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks again

ps-sorry for posting a pic of coins on your gold forum.

"A website dedicated to prospecting for gold and other precious items using metal detectors, suction dredges, sluice boxes, gold pans, and more."

'

I think thats the kind of stuff we all like to see.... Steve didnt set this site up as strictly... 'GOLD ONLY'

At least that's not my understanding----How about it Steve?

paul

Sorry , I didnt want to start any debates. ....... but back to the ctx3030.

I also bought the coiltek 10x5 a few months back with the intension of using in gold areas and would like to share this story.

The weekend after buying the coil I went back to my weekend property. Over the past year of owning a 3030 I have found over 60 pre decimal coins plus military items (1st horse regiment) at this location and I had thought that I had hunted it out. I think it might of been an early military training camp.

I connected the 10x5 coil and gave it a run , unbelievable!!! I sniffed out another 12 coins including a silver 1898 British shilling at good depth. The target seperation was awesome. Returning to canberra I went out to an oval using the 17 inch coil without much luck so I went to the car and put on the 10x5 coil and went back to the same area. I was walking at the same pace but was plucking coins left right and center. I admit the area was very trashy but I ended up with $45 and a silver ring!

so I cant wait to try the gold program with the 10x5 coil on some good gold infested ground.

Could anyone tell me the types of singals a small nugget would come up as ?

post-698-0-99159800-1429870934_thumb.jpg

post-698-0-60205500-1429870993_thumb.jpg

post-698-0-49194700-1429871085_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The gold signal varys quite a bit from a blip that won't even give you a number to a to a solid thump of a signal that gives a definate target id number.

This is what sorts out the inexperienced from the experienced when it comes to gold in the jar.

I have found gold as small as .2g with the standard coil, but the signal was just a blip that repeated with no id number.

Once you get use to the target trace and how it behaves with gold nuggets and how it behaves with junk it helps greatly with IDing targets for digging and junk.

• Like 1

Goldhound, very good post, i really like it when people take the time to do it. the people who do, never really know just how many they helped by doing so. That kind of help could really change there outing and hence thier happiness level. Thanks for bringing more happiness and knowledge.

I would like more posts of coin and jewelry finds. The full forum description - Detector Prospector Forum

A forum dedicated to prospecting for gold and other precious items using metal detectors, suction dredges, sluice boxes, gold pans, and more. Metal detecting for coins, jewelry, relics, meteorites, etc.

Great job returning a list ring to its owner!

• Like 1

Ok then

Yesterday while coin hunting I got a strong 1227 signal , 5cm down was an italian 925 silver bracelet and it cleaned up nicely. Today using the same gold program I went to another sporting field near a high school. A new personally record of 6 rings !!! No gold , 5 sterling silver and one junk plus about $56- Awesome.....

post-698-0-55195500-1430030842_thumb.jpg

post-698-0-90801600-1430030888_thumb.jpg

post-698-0-79902700-1430030952_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

post-625-0-53717600-1430174398_thumb.jpg

Son lives in the big smoke, just recently he bought a 705. A few coins from park near where he lives, those smaller goldy looking coins a the front are $2, a boon to the OZ detector operator.

• Like 1