Five Rp Bits With Some New Settings

Good job on the gold and great photos - thanks! Bummer about the pick though. Been there, done that.

The WM 12 is line of sight. Mine perched on my left shoulder cuts out a smidgeon now and then. But nothing like you describe. Do a reset and re-pair it with the GPZ. Should solve the problem hopefully.

post-1-0-25834200-1427345144_thumb.jpg

Thanks Steve, I forgot there was a real reset on the module, I just turned it off and on. I'll give that hard reset a try tomorrow and report it back here if it works.

`Hi Jasong and Steve,

This is a great conversation to get to follow.

Thank you for taking the time to flesh out these ideas, 

they will ultimately benefit all of us.

Jason I especially appreciate your experimental mind-set

and Steve your ability to amplify and clarify ideas is quite unique and interesting to follow.

• Like 1

Thanks David, hey if by chance you end up out here in the general area let me know, it'd be nice to meet you in person and do some detecting! I'll be here another 3 weeks or so.

Heading out again today to test the WM12 reset, spent yesterday repairing the pick and letting the arm have a little rest.

Reseting the WM12 seems to have work, though it did act squirrly again briefly one time about 2 hours later but worked fine the rest of the day thereafter.

A different place today and for the 3rd day I got 5 nuggets again. These all look water worn yet no rounded gravel in sight. The big lima bean looking one had to have been 14 or 15 inches and went 3.72 grams. I had run my 17x11 and 4500 over that exact spot without a whisper almost a week ago. So, I feel pretty confident now that the Z will even hit on solid chunky stuff deeper than the GPX, not just the spongy or weird bits.

Getting more used to running with no audio smoothing now. No smoothing and HY/Normal are without a doubt much more sensitive and much deeper on the sub gram stuff than HY/Diff. My general procedure now is start in Normal/No Smoothing, then when facing harder ground go to low smoothing, then high smoothing, and only then switch over to Difficult/No Smoothing.

Anyways, going to spend some time hunting hard rock ore piles and take it a bit easier for the next few days now. That's where 5 odd days of swinging the Z left me setting-wise. Anytime I can run normal, I'll do it. Even if it means putting up with some noise, and it is loud especially without smoothing. I have to really slow my swing speed down too. As has been said by other people, you have to retrain your ears a bit if you are really used to the GPX. The detector itself is simpler, but I think the audio is more complex.

20150327_1812281.jpg

• Like 4

Dang, that is some nice, fat gold! Like a lot a people I do like finding trophy nuggets but reality is I would rather have bucketful of nuggets like those any time.

Thanks Flak - interactive bounce off each other education for all is the way I look at it. Toss ideas and thoughts out and see what sticks. This forum is the best learning resource I have.

• Like 1